Frame sliders 98-99 R1 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Frame sliders 98-99 R1

How come I've found several versions of frame sliders for this model? One version has two nylon pieces that are symmetrical, but you have to cut a hole in the fairing on the right side to get to the frame. the Second version I've seen has one thick nylon piece and the right side has a skinny looking piece to bolt into the fairing bolt, instead of the frame, of course this eliminates cutting the fairing, but is it dependable? the third version, which I've only seen on EBay for 100 bux is a bar that goes in front of the motor with sliders are both ends and somehow attaches to the frame.

what do you have on your bike, anyone?

Thanks

"Don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter."

"When I drink, something happens. This guy called Buzzy comes out. And he proceeds to do whatever he wants, I guess'' - Wayne Rainey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 09:28 PM

Go with the type that goes into the frame. You will have to cut but at least it will actually work and save most your plastics in a spill.

Here are some instructions on drilling the hole.
http://www.geocities.com/vypir01/rguide

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2005, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

I got the frame sliders and put the left one on with no problem. the right one requires a hole drilled in the plastic. the instructions for the sliders require a 1 7/8 or a 2" hole saw. I got the 2", but now when i Put the saw up to area (not to cut, just to visualize) it looks like the hole might interfere with a counterbored area for a nearby fastener. I am going to exchange the 2" for the 1 7/8, but this will still only cut .06" less into the c'bore.

does anyone know of or has cut a fairing for a 98 R1? I guess there aren't any more choices, but would still like to hear some words of encouragement. I don't want to hear anything from you jackasses and smartasses out there

"Don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter."

"When I drink, something happens. This guy called Buzzy comes out. And he proceeds to do whatever he wants, I guess'' - Wayne Rainey

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 06:27 AM

I put this together...
http://www.geocities.com/vypir01/rguide.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

I had to grind some of the slider that interfered with the boss and the bolt that screwed into the boss, but it works. I did get the 1 7/8 hole saw which still cut into the counterbore of the fairing. I guess Im happy with it. thanks for the link Vypir.

Trevor
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pict0013.jpg (606.4 KB, 35 views)

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2005, 09:54 AM

Cool!

Happy to help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode