I'm new here:) - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

I'm new here:)

I just got my bike yesterday I got a sweet deal on a 2001 Yamaha R6 I got it from a friend of a friend for $5000. This guy gave me everything he owned,... I got his bike which has a full race Aproprovis exhaust system, it's jetted, it has a K&N filter, frame sliders, Scotts steering dampner, flush mount lights, fender eliminator, tinted windshield,... I think thats it with the bike. The bike is in mint condition, It has 11,000 miles and runs like a champ. Never dropped it. I also got both of his bikes stands, his Arai RR helmet, this other full face helmet, 2 half helmets, his leather 2 piece racing suit, boots, gloves, another pair of gloves, tools, cleaners, a kevlar jacket,... I think thats it? Not for for $5000 ehh? I have pics,... you have to visit the link. They don't allow direct linking My R6. Thats me in the pic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 09:57 PM

sweet looking bike bro!... welcome to SBW by the way

ps... nice looking pc case... looks bad A$$

~Ebbs
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 09:59 PM

Welcome to SBW!

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Ebbs15
sweet looking bike bro!... welcome to SBW by the way

ps... nice looking pc case... looks bad A$$
Thanks! I made the top enclosure from scratch. It's holds two double size heatercores and four 120mm fans. I'm big on pc fabrication The bike is in mint condition and I still can't believe he let go of all his stuff for that little. I will never understand rich people
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

You know,... one thing I have a question about is the pants. I fit everything he had seeing we were just about the same size. The pants though,... they are awkard as hell. I dont know if they fit right or what. When I have them on the slider pucks are suppose to be below the knee and slightly off to the side right? I thought that they were suppose to go over the knee or something like that.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 02:17 AM Thread Starter

Another question,... where can I get a workshop manual for this 2001 R6? Is there any kind of program that I could use to look up parts, see exploded views of the bike? Porche has a program called PET that does this. I would if yamaha had one too.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tribaloverkill
You know,... one thing I have a question about is the pants. I fit everything he had seeing we were just about the same size. The pants though,... they are awkard as hell. I dont know if they fit right or what. When I have them on the slider pucks are suppose to be below the knee and slightly off to the side right? I thought that they were suppose to go over the knee or something like that.
yes the pucks should be BELOW and on the OUTSIDE of the knee... when your in the riding position and you kick your knee out... the puck should be where the ground would touch.... personally I haven't worn them but from what I hear they take some getting used to... mainly because they're ment to be comfortable while on the bike... and so that causes a bit of discomfort when your off... but I've also been told that you'll get used to it...

~Ebbs
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Another question,... where can I get a workshop manual for this 2001 R6? Is there any kind of program that I could use to look up parts, see exploded views of the bike? Porche has a program called PET that does this. I would if yamaha had one too.
Oh ok,... thanks. Do you wear something under them? Like another pair of pants or what? I thought you do but I dont think I could get another pair of pants in there. Maybe some hospital scrub bottoms.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 08:45 AM

Welcome!

The pants and jacket should fit tight, not so tight it stops the blood flow but tight (snug). You will not need to wear pants underneath, at least I don't .

The bike looks nice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Oh ok,... thanks. Do you wear something under them? Like another pair of pants or what? I thought you do but I dont think I could get another pair of pants in there. Maybe some hospital scrub bottoms.
Oh ok. Weel the pants are snug at the bottom. Around the knees they are a bit loose, not to loose. I guess that ok. I dont know. I have to or can pulll them all the way up on me. I'll have to take a pic of me wearing them. Something tells me they are slightly big but its weird,... another part of me says no. I'll gte a pic. I found one thing wrong with the bike today. There one little dent on the tank where his crotch would be. I might be able to pull it out but not sure. No biggie though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode