I'm new here:) - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tribaloverkill
Another question,... where can I get a workshop manual for this 2001 R6? Is there any kind of program that I could use to look up parts, see exploded views of the bike? Porche has a program called PET that does this. I would if yamaha had one too.
yeah check here hope this helps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 08:03 PM

Sweet bike.. I am kind of new here as well.. Been registered for awhile and posted here and there but mostly lurking.. Kind of far from home base...
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Ebbs15
yeah check here hope this helps
HOT! Thanks! I am going to download those ASAP!

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

Ebbs15, what you do to your fingers bro!!! Oh my GAWD!
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 09:28 PM

lol... no wasn't me... it a chain lube accident... I was just posting the pics up to warn someone... I forgot they were still in my photos... lol... I gotta get rid of them...
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
lol... no wasn't me... it a chain lube accident... I was just posting the pics up to warn someone... I forgot they were still in my photos... lol... I gotta get rid of them...
Oh,... so how did this or could this happen when lubing the chain? He got his fingers caught in the sprocket didnt he? I took more pics on my bike,... I have to upload them into my little gallery This friday I am going to get it registered and I'll call up riderinsurance and let them know. Cant wait!
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tribaloverkill
Oh,... so how did this or could this happen when lubing the chain? He got his fingers caught in the sprocket didnt he?
honestly I don't remember now... it's been awhile... but I think the guy was try'n to lube it while the bike was running and in gear on a stand... and yeah I imagine the sprocket ate the tips of his fingers... so uh yeah... don't lube your chain with the bike in gear and running
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
honestly I don't remember now... it's been awhile... but I think the guy was try'n to lube it while the bike was running and in gear on a stand... and yeah I imagine the sprocket ate the tips of his fingers... so uh yeah... don't lube your chain with the bike in gear and running
You know,... sometimes I wonder what people were thinking when they were carrying out something stupid like that. Whats so hard about turning the tired by hand? I mean even when idling my back tire turns a bit on it's own.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode