Opinions on YZF750's - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Opinions on YZF750's

Hey guys, next weekend I will probably be buying a 93 YZF750. This will be my first street bike (ridden dirt for years) and was wondering what your opinions are on this bike. All the reviews I have read on them have been good except for the weight. Everyone I have talked to say they were one of the best sport bikes of the 90's. Thanks for any info!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-12-2004, 02:52 AM

No personal experience but NEVER heard a bad thing about them other than the gawd aweful yellow and pink graphics around that time.

Great handling and solid power that will be perfect for a new street rider. Had a 97 yzf1000 that had a similar chassis and it was awesome on the track. Light enough steering while still very stable.

All good. If it runs good and price is right there's no reason to avoid it.

Repeal helmet laws, they only protect people we most likely don't need in the gene pool any way!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-15-2005, 10:19 AM

I own a 97 YZF 750R and it is a really good bike. Some things though. Make sure you keep the suspension linkage lubricated and clean. Keep the rear shock free of any debris because it will quickly degrade the dampning of the shock. Keep the bike dry and don't leave it outside because it will show corrosion quickly. There is not much available for the bike in the aftermarket so customizing it and/or adding carbon will be a bit of a pain. Replace all of the stock fairing screws with dzus fasteners. One of the few choices you will have available in exhausts is a D&D slip on and if you get a jet kit make sure it's a FACTORY kit and NOT a Dynojet kit. Dynojet makes you drill the sides to alter rise time. This is a real pain in the butt and it works really bad too. Plus if it does not improve the bike or if it ends up being too rich there is no way to fix it short of replacing all four slides. This is really expensive. No one I know of still makes a full system. The bike works really good with Dunlop D207's, I have never tried D-208's. If you do any touring at all...Get two brothers riser bars, Pro grips gel grips, liquid bar snake and a euro style flipped windscreen. They make a big difference in comfort. Tourmaster sport bags work really well. Don't get a corbin seat. It really isn't any better than the stck unit. And one final thing Get a Scottoiler it is worth it's weight in gold...Just male sure you adjust it properly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode