FZ-6 Questions - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

FZ-6 Questions

I went out to the dealer today and took a look at the FZ-6, and I loved it. I am coming from a Shadow 1100 which I really like, but it tends to give me some lower back pain after riding for a while. I am thinking something that leans me forward a bit will help transfer some weight to my arms instead of all on my lower back. Also, I am just in the mood for a change. Here is my problem...

While the seating position seems like it will help, I am concerend about my legs. I am about 6'2'', and am used to riding in a normal cruiser position (nothing too extreme, knees bent at around 90 degrees). After sitting on the FZ-6, I am thinking at best, shifting and braking my get annoying, and at worst, my legs will start to cramp. Is there any way to relocate the pegs (or maybe an aftermarket set) that lets you stretch your legs a bit more?

Not sure if the SV-650 gives a bit more room (I also like that bike), but I think I am leaning toward theFZ. Any thoughts?

Jeremy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 11:51 AM

hey man, i also have back problems mine are due to 2 slipped and one compressed disc..plus other back problems from an auto accident......anyway i feel much more comfortable on my F3 then my fathers V-star...i think b/c there is less verticle pounding in the leaned forward pos then the leaned back....i also found out the more my legs are bent the more comfortable it is
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 05:40 PM
jrm

I am also 6'2" and have long legs. My Yamaha 600R (and CBR before it) do crunch my knees up on longer rides. I approach riding two different ways.

If I am only riding 90 minutes or less, I just go, as I am not on bike long enough for it to become a problem.

If I am riding for a couple hours, it does me best to stop every hour or so and walk around, stretching my legs out. Even so, at around the 225 mile mark on a longer day, I feel like a cripple.

To combat this annoyance, I have done several things. First, I removed seat cover and added about an inch of padding to raise and level the seat. Big help. Second, I stretched my leathers out from the butt to the knees so my riding gear put less pressure on my kneecap. My looser touring suit is better for distance than my leathers (it pulls on knees less).

As far as SVs go, the S model w/fairing has higher pegs than naked model.

Best of luck!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2004, 12:52 PM
wyd

Send a message via AIM to wyd
I'm almost 6ft tall and I really like the fit of my new FZ6. I just finished putting on my new Devil Carbon Fiber exhaust on it now it really looks trick and sounds even better.

04 Yamaha FZ6
Devil Carbon Fiber Exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode