R6 vs. Ninja ZX-6R - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-20-2004, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

R6 vs. Ninja ZX-6R

Hey,

Ok 6R is a little faster and the R6 handles a little better. Anything else?

I'm leaning towards the 6R because all things being equal, ORANGE ROCKS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-21-2004, 03:45 AM

WHAT!?!?!? Why would you get a kawasucky ov a yamaha? I know a few people with 03 6r's and they say they wish they would have gotten the r6 instead. And hey, what bike came in first AND second in 2003 AMA supersport? Exactly, the r6, and exactly where were the kawi's? And you could always paint it orange, and if you did that you would be the only one with an orange r6, plus the r6 is lighter!

Stop judging people you fat ugly loser!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-21-2004, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

I was hoping for something more in-depth than "Why would you get a kawasucky ov a yamaha?"

I'm intersted in the pro/cons of each.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2004, 03:45 PM

Just face it all you yammy haters,yamaha leads in style,looks,and performance!! (of the big four).

YAMAHA ARMY ROCKS!!
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-12-2004, 05:17 PM

When it comes to street bikes, color and style are all that really matter. You are not likely to push it to the limit with street use.

So, do not rely on race stats to make your choice!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-12-2004, 05:22 PM

Buy whatever makes you happy. Opinions are like *ssholes everyone has one. Let your friends chime in as soon as they kick in for the purchase price.

It's been said many times before. There are no bad motorcycles anymore.

P.S. Harley's are of course excluded from the statement above
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 10:04 AM

I agree!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 08:29 AM

Send a message via AIM to FMAN_DTF Send a message via Yahoo to FMAN_DTF
the 6R is 636cc while the R6 is 600cc (or 599cc, whateva)

i would guess the 6R would beat the pants off the 600cc since it can hang w/ GSXR-750's

im not sure how "LIGHT" the R6 is, but i know the 636 weighs 355lbs or so dry...(i remember comparing stats of the bikes last summer when i got my 6RR (600CC), i was pretty sure the kawi's were the LIGHTEST...although i dont see how much the weight effects the bike, if you have a bike that is 5lbs lighter than the next guy, but you weigh 40 more lbs that the guy on the heavier bike, i would guess the weight of the bike is cancelled out! )

either way you go, im guessing you will be happy since really you have to ride both of those bikes on a track to really appreciate their power (i had mine up to an indicated 160mph)

unless you are new to riding, in which case you should get something tamer...like a sv650 or ninja 500

i got the kawi last year and loved it, i wanted to get a R6 but there were practically NONE in FL, and once i saw the 6RR in green in person, i fell in love

"Slapping time...she comes." -Dana Carvey
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 03:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to Chris Sedition Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Sedition
well for starters, i hope this is quandry over bikes dosn't imply that it's your *first* bike. in which case you should get neither. (see all other posts on best first bike)

assuming that it's not going to be your first bike, I'd say go for the R6. as for the Kawisaki (not that i've ever riden one), friends who have them and numerous reviews of them say that the suspension is really really stiff and can be lead to kind nervous handling. unless your going to be at the track, don't even bother worring about stuff like top speed, 1/4 mile, etc. you'll NEVER even come close to utalizing all the potential any 600cc sport bike has on the street. sit on them and see what fits you well, see how comfy/uncomfy the seat is, what you think of the looks, etc...you obviously want to get a bike that you have some kinda emotional reaction to, so best bet is to go with that (again, this is all under the assumption that 600cc bike is *not* your first bike).
personally, i just don't think you can beat the overall looks, comfort, and handling of the Yamaha bikes...but i'm biased.
the R6 has the dopest dashboard, too.

-chr|s

LISTEN TO SLAYER
AIM: chR1s sedition
Yahoo: CSedition

2003 R1 (black / red / hell-fire)

"All black, no bling"
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-25-2004, 12:24 AM

Having owned both a zx6 and currently own an R6...

The R6 by far, IMO is a better bike. Just couldn't get rid of my Kawai fast enough.

Kawi is a nice bike, but for me, it was "short-rider" unfriendly. The R6 was just easier to handle for me.

Anyway, first bike/ neither. Get a GS500 or a Kawi 500R . Both 600cc are a little torquie for a first time/first time bike owner.

I started on a ysr 50 worked my way up to my current bike. I owned a 250 ninja for a year prior to getting a Kawai ZX6. Then 6 months later, I got my R6.

I have to agree on the "aesthetic" appeal of the Yammy's. Which is why I own two Yami's ( YSR and the R6 )

Q: What the hell kinda bike can a girl at 5'1" ride?
A: Anything she damn well pleases ^_~
[email protected] mph/1.87 60ft
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode