What's the highest you've seen your R6's speedometer get up to - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-07-2003, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

What's the highest you've seen your R6's speedometer get up to

The highest I've seen mine at is 177.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-07-2003, 11:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to yzfR666
150mph

To shoot a mime, do you use a silencer?

AIM: XBachXManX
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-09-2003, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

150 that's it thats weak dude

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-09-2003, 11:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to yzfR666
Quote:
Originally posted by thomasp
150 that's it thats weak dude
you asked i told now you F#$%ing flame me? way to go lets all stand up and applause for my weak top speed

To shoot a mime, do you use a silencer?

AIM: XBachXManX

Last edited by yzfR666; 03-09-2003 at 11:21 AM.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-09-2003, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

well shit man what are you doing with the thing sitting on the side of the road showing people your wax job you did or out riding it?
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-09-2003, 04:54 PM

145, what da heck is the point anyway. You can ride the piss outta just about any bike and never break 100. Its not like you're highest top speed is indicative of your riding skill or something.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-09-2003, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by thomasp
well shit man what are you doing with the thing sitting on the side of the road showing people your wax job you did or out riding it?
Are you for real? Since when does speed equate to skill? Anyone can wrench a throttle, but what can they do when true skill is required? Guys who think "riding it" means blasting on straights at high speed should be riding Hayabusas because they obviously can't appreciate what 600s have to offer.

'02 Liquid Silver YZF-R1...Akrapovic full Ti Evolution system...Graves velocity stacks...DynoJet PCIII...Ohlins steering damper/bracket...Galfer SS brake lines...EBC "HH"-rated brakepads...Yamaha factory seat cowl...Dussault "Next" Tail...Libertek flasher relay...Gregg's Customs LED front flushmounts...Yamaha factory spools...Intuitive frame sliders...Harri's '02 R1 grips and tank pad...compressed air horns...PIAA Extreme White headlights

'01 Silver/Black Honda CBR600F4i...Akrapovic Evolution system (Ti headers, C/F can)...Dynojet PCIII...Intuitive frame sliders...Extreme Graphics undertail...Scotts steering damper...Targa seat cowl...Eaglite Xenon headlights
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-09-2003, 07:52 PM

i bet thomasp probably rides 1 tooth down in the front and 3 up in the back so his 170 indicated is probably more like145. Just my theory.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-10-2003, 02:02 AM

I don't doubt the 177 mph claim. Considering the speedometer is about 10% optimistic, that 177 indicated is more like 160 actual. This is still a stretch for an '02 R6 (by 2-4 mph), but not impossible attain. Than again, it could also be an indication that his speedo has a higher margin of error.

'02 Liquid Silver YZF-R1...Akrapovic full Ti Evolution system...Graves velocity stacks...DynoJet PCIII...Ohlins steering damper/bracket...Galfer SS brake lines...EBC "HH"-rated brakepads...Yamaha factory seat cowl...Dussault "Next" Tail...Libertek flasher relay...Gregg's Customs LED front flushmounts...Yamaha factory spools...Intuitive frame sliders...Harri's '02 R1 grips and tank pad...compressed air horns...PIAA Extreme White headlights

'01 Silver/Black Honda CBR600F4i...Akrapovic Evolution system (Ti headers, C/F can)...Dynojet PCIII...Intuitive frame sliders...Extreme Graphics undertail...Scotts steering damper...Targa seat cowl...Eaglite Xenon headlights
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-10-2003, 03:33 AM Thread Starter

My intent was to find out other R6's abillity. Since i haven't rode on any of your twisty hiways and you haven't rode on any of my twisty highways there's no way for us to find out who's R6 can go around the bend the fastest. However we all have the same speedometer and stock or not stock, except for gearing changes i suppose, all the speedo's should be the same. If I came off a little strong or rude I appologize. I'm not trying to piss anybody off or offend anyone, however sportbikes are fast and going fast is why i bought it and not a harley. now if there's a better way to find out the answere to this burning question, please, let me know. Otherwise just come on down to the coast and let's go road racing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode