Blah to salesmen... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

Angry Blah to salesmen...

Anyone else have problems with salesmen at dealerships...they just kinna ignore me till I ask them something...so I'm only 19...been riding for 3 1/2 years... why do they automatically assume that I'm not serious about buying anything and whatnot...anyone else try and buy a bike and have the same type of problems?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 09:50 PM

ya i fell the same way. a year ago i was looking to buy a brand new truck and i went to a dealer ship and it would have taken an act of god to get some one to help me. they think oh it's just some kid browsing around. well needlesss to say i had 13 grand in my pocket that i put away in a cd just for the reason to buy a new car when i turned twenty. no one would help me this one sales man looked right at me and walked off. so i came back the next day and the same sales man looked at me and walked off but there was this other sales guy who was really nice and walked right up to me and sold me my new truck. he was a very nice guy. so after i bought my truck i saw the other sales guy and said to him you wont make any money looking at peole and walking away he told me to **** off, but hay he didnt get the comision he could have got the other nice guy did. as for motorcycle dealers they too can be asses. i went into one and wanted to look at a new honda and they just looked at me as just another punk kid gawking at our cool bikes. i guess it just goes with out saying they will all treat you like crap if you are young

there's hope in the words and emotion in the eyes
it's so easy to be misled by the savvy gentle guise
and like fools we trust the delivery
but it's all just drunk sincerity
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 09:52 PM

find a subtle way of getting there attention

jump on their most expensive bike rock back and forth yelling vroommm vrommm and you'll get some assistance real quick.

Last edited by Billy2stroke; 05-30-2002 at 09:54 PM.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

they have a nice new 'busa...I think I'll go pretend on it...vrrooom vroom and everything...lol

If I can find a good deal im hoping to buy an r6 within a week...
Im still trying to decide between red or blue...I like them both....ahhh!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2002, 08:24 AM

It works!

I was in a honda dealership, I was ignored so I got on a goldwing turned the key, the stero came on the bike said hello to me and instantly there was a salesman at my side... "can I help you sir?"
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2002, 06:24 PM

Well, I don't have any problems getting salespeople to assist me when I go into dealerships, but I recently ran into a problem with a dealership here in St. Louis. I won't mention any names, but last year I bought my 2001 R6 and my brother bought his 2001 600R, both in CASH. We are currently in the market to buy new R1's, so we contacted that particular dealer first. I try to frequent local dealers to help out our local economy, but I am getting sick and tired of the businesses not helping out the consumers. I called the dealership and said, "it's that time again. My brother and I want to pick up the Red and Blue R1's that are sitting on your showroom floor. We will be trading our bikes in and paying the difference in cash. We want to pick them up in two days." He gave us an estimate on what he would give us for our bikes, and then went on to tell us what we would have to pay in cash. Well, the price he quoted us was the M.S.R.P. After a bit of negotiating, he still would not lower the price. I was like, "this will come out to be 4 bikes within almost a year that my brother and I purchased from you. We paid in CASH, and we drive more than 50 miles to your dealership for each and every service performed on our bikes. We could have easily picked one of the seven other dealerships within a 25 mile radius from our house, but we drove the extra distance because we respect your dealership, but I guess your dealership doesn't respect us!!" So, I guess you have already figured out that I did not buy anything from them, nor will I ever again!!! I too own my own business, and the first rule in business is, "it's easier to keep a current customer than make a new one." This dealership has lost my brother and I as customers, and I will not make anymore recommendations for them. And for what, a few hundred bucks?? And guess what, those bikes are still sitting on the showroom floor
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-03-2002, 07:18 PM

dicks

way to go D. salesman are in the game to play with you...it's funny how they react towards a few hundred dollars, that's what haggling is for..this ass at a yamaha dealer wanted me to pay MSRP on a 2002 r6, HA!!! i weasled my way out of over $2k off my 98 golf, well I'll be damned if I don't get a good deal on a friggin motorcycle..
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 06:32 PM

everybody deserves a great deal. but i work for a honda,yamaha,suzuki,kawi dealership and coming there from selling cars...there isn't the same mark up in the bikes.especially the hondas. but your right the should quibble over a couple hunded bucks. but if you don't buy them at msrp..someone else will..
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 1longr1
everybody deserves a great deal. but i work for a honda,yamaha,suzuki,kawi dealership and coming there from selling cars...there isn't the same mark up in the bikes.especially the hondas. but your right the should quibble over a couple hunded bucks. but if you don't buy them at msrp..someone else will..
True, there is not that much of a mark-up on motorcycles, but that is NOT where the dealers make their money! Let's say a dealer is only able to mark-up the price of a bike by about $800-$1000. They will not go out of business if they only take say, $400-$500 in profit instead of the full $1000. If the customer is happy with the dealership, just imagine how many services, parts, accessories, etc. they will purchase from the dealer. But, if a dealership is not willing to give it's customers a good deal, they are more inclined to LOSE business. And for what, a few hundred bucks? They can make up the difference with just 1 or 2 oil changes. In my case, I use to drive more than 50-60 miles just to patronize the dealership I purchased my bike from. They gave me a good deal, so whenever I need something for my bike, I would call them FIRST. (there are 7 other dealerships within 25 miles of my house) Since this dealership will not budge off of the M.S.R.P. for my next bike, I am not going to purchase from them. And, since they do not appreciate my business, I will never get any services, parts, etc. from them. True, someone may end up paying the M.S.R.P. for the bike. But, they can also pay M.S.R.P. minus a few hundred bucks from somewhere else!
I found a dealership on CycleTrader.com that is selling an 02 R1 for $9,1999 OTD + $300 shipping (not in crate)
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2002, 03:18 PM

i agree. there should be no problem over a few hundred bucks...but lets face some dealerships and salemen are greedy. another thought is the trade. the dealership always wants to own your bike right(cheaper the better for the dealership). with out seeing your trade in person the sales staff may be reluctant to give you firm figures or budge off price(msrp). plus once they get YOU there to buy and trade, you are less likely to leave and then they can shut the door on you. true your repeat business should have made them give you a great deal!!! everyone is a consumer is this world even me and I want the best deal i can get and sometimes taking your business elsewhere is the best thing to do. good luck!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode