$8000 OTD for 2002 R6 good? Or try some other dealers? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Question $8000 OTD for 2002 R6 good? Or try some other dealers?

$8000 at dealer in central jersey...What do you guys think? Kinda funny cause i stopped at a dealer in nothern jersey and the guy wanted to sell me the bike for sticker....said he couldnt discount the bike at all...wanted like $8800 for the bike OTD...Went to another dealer in central jersey and he gave me the price of $8000 OTD.

Last edited by extreme23; 05-28-2002 at 12:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 11:38 PM

Re: $8000 OTD for 2002 R6 good? Or try some other dealers?

Quote:
Originally posted by extreme23
$8000 at dealer in central jersey...What do you guys think? Kinda funny cause i stopped at a dealer in nothern jersey and the guy wanted to sell me the bike for sticker....said he couldnt discount the bike at all...wanted like $8800 for the bike OTD...Went to another dealer in central jersey and he gave me the price of $8000 OTD.
If it's truely 8K out the door with no other costs what so ever then your looking @ a pretty fair deal. My bike sold @ $7,999 plus all the usual bull$hit which jacked the price up near $9,000. I know there was another thread here back a little while ago that gave some really good info on how to get the best price from a dealer. Good luck bro
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 02:03 PM

Re: Re: $8000 OTD for 2002 R6 good? Or try some other dealers?

Quote:
Originally posted by R6steve

If it's truely 8K out the door with no other costs what so ever then your looking @ a pretty fair deal. My bike sold @ $7,999 plus all the usual bull$hit which jacked the price up near $9,000. I know there was another thread here back a little while ago that gave some really good info on how to get the best price from a dealer. Good luck bro
I would have to agree. I bough (yesterday) a 01 instead of an 02. I was out the door after tax, title, 2 helmets A 8750. I would have to say if you can get out the door (tax,title included) at 8000 for a 02 r6 then hope right on that gravy train.

just my opinion.

mark

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 10:02 PM

Thumbs up

GREATTTTT DEAL, YOU SHOULD JUMP ON IT. IN CALIFORNIA I PAID $9200 OTD FOR A BLUE ONE, I SEARCHED EVERYWHERE 4 BETTER DEAL.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-31-2002, 10:45 AM

holly SSHHHEEEEIIITTTTTEEEEEE you guy's are paying that much for a 600? with just a few more grand you could be on an r1 if you wanted to be. of course as always the case...if you want to have the newest and latest and greatest you're going to be paying out the arse for it for at least till the 2nd 1/4 of the year. especially now that summer's here...can you say "can i have some vaseline with that and may i have another?"
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-31-2002, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

I guess it all depends where you live. NY/NJ and Cali your gonna pay a lot more from what im seeing...im gonna check out some more dealers and see if i can try to bargain with someone else knowing i can get it for 8000 otd.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 11:58 AM

Lightbulb

You have to start lower than what you want to pay. The dealer will push for the higher price and you should meet at what you want or lower.

ex. I offered $7500 for my R6. The MSRP was $7999. I ended up paying $7605 (OTD).

You need to bargain more. Offer $7200 (tax, title, and license included). Just bounce back and forth and pay alot less than MSRP - OTD. They still make money so don't let them BS you.

If possible, wait 'til December for the best chance of scoring a real good, clearance deal.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2002, 07:30 PM

bah im a retard

this post was made as a new thread instead of a reply..but here's my .02 worth..

hey also try looking around in different states..form what i see i am finding awesome OTD prices from dealers on the internet, try www.cycletrader.com

So far I have found around $6800, $7202, $7800, $7995 plus freight, and some other bs. and my local dealer told me $8300..Well you have to factor in shipping costs from out of state, which will run you around $300-500, and I hear Forward Air is the best and cheapest, the dealer leaves it in the crate and you pick it up and de-crate it at your nearest depot..I think that's pretty damn cool..Never opened a damn crate with something as big as a bike in it..Then well you have sales tax once you get it in NJ, so factor that as well..I still havent checked the whole Forward Air thing, but if I can come out with a reasonable price and under that $8300 from the local dealer then I will do that..
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2002, 07:32 PM

nice quote vypir

HEY NICE QUOTE VYPIR!!! CLEVER IF I DO SAY SO MYSELF!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode