Gas Mileage on an 01 R6? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-27-2002, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Question Gas Mileage on an 01 R6?

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering what the gas mileage is on the R6's? If this question has come up in the past please forgive me and just reply with the link to that thread.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 11:48 PM

Re: Gas Mileage on an 01 R6?

Quote:
Originally posted by jacobmaguire
Just out of curiosity, I was wondering what the gas mileage is on the R6's? If this question has come up in the past please forgive me and just reply with the link to that thread.

Thanks,
The claim is 38 mpg. I've had better & worse depending on of course on driving conditions (DUH) but suprisingly I got 40 mpg on a trip to Sacramento a while back & I was running pretty hard most of the time. There were long runs of 100 mph+ & when I filled up it took 4 gallons & I had traveled 169 miles. That averaged out to a shade over 40 mpg. Go figure. I had similar milage on a trip to Vegas & back, again with high speed sections along the way. @ one point I maxed my bike out @ 162 mph (don't know for sure how accurate the speedo is) for a minute or two & still got excellant mileage. I actually get my worse mileage either in town or hot rodding it through the twisties wear you know the throttle is like an off or on switch
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-03-2002, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply, I have been awaiting a response from someone for some time now. 40MPG is much nicer than my car!!

Thanks again for the info,
Jake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode