Will a R6 motor fit a FZR 600 body? - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Not a bad idea... My friend just told me he can get me a R6 carbon kit really cheap, but not sure if it'll fit or not..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Spectre
Not a bad idea... My friend just told me he can get me a R6 carbon kit really cheap, but not sure if it'll fit or not..
I don't know what your riding skill level is, but if you want your bike to go faster AROUND TURNS, your best bet would be to go to a riding school and modify YOU instead of your bike.

Just a crazy thought that flashed through my mind that I thought I'd share.......
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by desmo079

I don't know what your riding skill level is, but if you want your bike to go faster AROUND TURNS, your best bet would be to go to a riding school and modify YOU instead of your bike.

Just a crazy thought that flashed through my mind that I thought I'd share.......

Man what kind of crazy idea is that? I mean come on... You want me to become a better rider so I don't do something stupid and hurt/kill myself?!?! That's gotta be the dumbest thing idea in the world..

<extreem sarcasm in that post if you couldn't tell>

hehe My skills aren't super newbie, but I'm still a beginner compared to most of the people here... I do plan on going to a riding school in the next couple months way before I do any mods on my bike...

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2002, 11:15 PM

Sport Rider had an article a few years ago about some racer who used YZF600 heads, cyl block and pistons, new cams and supposedly dyno'ed at 112hp with a FZR600 motor in a 400 chassis. Have to look it up.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 02:07 PM

Quote:

Man what kind of crazy idea is that? I mean come on... You want me to become a better rider so I don't do something stupid and hurt/kill myself?!?! That's gotta be the dumbest thing idea in the world..

<extreem sarcasm in that post if you couldn't tell>

hehe My skills aren't super newbie, but I'm still a beginner compared to most of the people here... I do plan on going to a riding school in the next couple months way before I do any mods on my bike...
EXCELLENT idea!!! I think you may be surprized how well your FZ does. Good luck and keep us posted.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

I will..

my biggest problem right now is I'm afraid to lean to far over.. (afriand of what will happen if the peg hits the ground) I need a couple of my friends to hold the bike and lean it over so I can see how close it is to the ground to get a feel for it.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 10:39 PM

Quote:
...I need a couple of my friends to hold the bike and lean it over so I can see how close it is to the ground to get a feel for it.
Be sure you compress the rear spring/shock. Your clearance will change quite a bit.

I wouldn't worry too much about scraping pegs. I was dragging my pipe and passenger's shoes, and the pegs would not touch. (on my R6 though) Just make sure your remove those feelers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode