Where can I find a fairing kit for FZR 600? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2002, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Where can I find a fairing kit for FZR 600?

I know this question has been asked before, and I know I have asked it before... I've been searching the threads and can't find anything on it..

I'm just looking either for a replacement for my right side fairing, but would like a nice clean new setup.. (wouldn't mind getting an R6 kit for my 91 FZR 600..) but we'll see what I can find and what costs what...

thanx guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 05:48 PM

I've got an answer you might like , a company called airtech makes plastics for your bike that make it look like an R1,the website is airtech-streamlining.com I think it looks pretty good .Hope this helps.

Last edited by VYPIR; 05-07-2002 at 10:34 PM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by KEVIN CHALUPA
I've got an answer you might like , a company called airtech makes plastics for your bike that make it look like an R1,the website is airtech-streamlining.com I think it looks pretty good .Hope this helps.
I've seen that before, but couldn't find the page... Now I just have to talk myself into spending that kind of cash.. Hmm I want my bike to look new and clean... not like the beat up 11 year old bike it looks like now.. I was hoping there was an R6 kit for cheaper, but R1's do look nice.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-08-2002, 04:55 AM

Cool

Hey Spectre,

Here's a good writeup on the R1 re-body that I found over at the FZR-archives board. Maybe it'll help you decide.
http://www.fzrarchives.com/FZR/fzr60...R1/fzr-r1.html

There are alot of guys that put other tails on their bikes and leave the rest of the bodywork alone. I've seen TZ250 tails, a CBR900 and a ZX-9 tail on Fizzers.

FWIW, I have the R1 rebody and I think it's worth every penny. It's not a quick mount, though. Be prepared to modify Air-tech's work.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-08-2002, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

Woah! Thanx for the link to the webpage.. That's pursuading me even more to getting that kit. Though the loss of the back seat kinda bites, but right now I don't have a g/f to be ridding on the back of the bike so it really doesn't matter...

Hmm.. 700 bux.. I think I'll get the kit in about 2 months..
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-08-2002, 09:37 AM

Spectre.................VIC........d00d, I figured your name was familiar. lol It's me Dan aka Ninja

Just wanted to say what's up! Didn't know you cruised these boards.

Started the fixing of the bike??
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-08-2002, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Dan!!! hey dude... I didn't know you were here either... I hope yer bike is doing better... (I have that pic of it wrecked you gave me as a wallpaper on my work computer..

The bike repairs have slowly started... I just got a new rear tire, rear pads and an oil change done to it.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-08-2002, 09:42 PM

lol yeah, I'm just waiting to get the frame and swingarm from the shop so I can go get it powdercoated. Then it should be back together shortly after that. I've got a guy sending a full Akrapovic system for it, so I'm waiting on that too.

I miss riding....
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-08-2002, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

sweet... hey are you on AIM or just icq? if yer on aim shoot me a message.. SpectreZ91
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode