New 2k1 GSX-R750 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-04-2001, 06:22 AM Thread Starter

J_ICEMAN here...

I have a 2K1 GSX-R750 R/S/B and this bike is the Freakin $hit.

It handles smoothly...

The ergonomics are good and I feel very comfortable....and I'm 6'1 and 195 pds. I usually ride from 1:00 til 12:00 at night on Saturday and Sundays and my bottom still feels good.

People say this bike has no low-end power....Well...let me tell you something....they are TOTALLY FULL OF $HIT! This bike pulls from the bottom to the top. As a matter of fact, it pulls so hard, that I have yet to get it up to 9000rpm because it pulls so hard. It feels like my body is actually getting pulled off the seat. I'm actually afraid to hit 10,000rpm, if that's where all the power is, I won't be going there.

In the corners and twisties, if you kinda ride like the pros and put half of your Butt off the seat that you are leaning into and hit the throttle, I swear to you, that's all you think about. It sticks into those corners, Mann, does it feel good. $hit, I'm ready to go hit the road now, just from talking about it. But, I'll let you experience it when you get your own.

The only bad thing about this bike is that it doesn't like to be ridden slow, as if you might be caught in a traffic jam, it kinda feels like it twitches because it is going to slow, but hopefully, you won't be in that situation...

Safe Riding and if you're debating on which bike to get....Don't.....Get the GSX-R750 !!!

Jerry Moseley

Suzuki GSX-R750

"Ride it like you Stole It"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-04-2001, 07:53 AM

Send a message via AIM to Live 4 Twisties
see the post under suzuki "gixxer 750"

Keep the rubber side down.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-06-2001, 02:38 AM

J_ICEMAN, good to see someone who appreciates the gsxr750, for everything it is. i too am a 01 gsxr owner (yellow/black) and love the thing to death. it's one hell of a scary bike and i too have not yet got it past 8000rpm (due to break in period) , pulling power:- my god it has it, this bike is the "cake"!
take care and ride safe!!

two wheels are better than four wheels....but one wheel is better still.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-07-2001, 05:01 AM

Only one prblem Lushs, they didn't make the 750 in yellow/black for '01, you either have a 2000, or a 600. May want to check.

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-07-2001, 06:15 AM

with all do respect im pretty sure i know what bike i ride and the color scheme it comes with!
the yellow and black 01 may not have been released in the USA but it is definitely here in Australia!
you may want to log into www.mcnews/wallpaper/suzuki/gsxr750/index.htm
and see the bike in question!

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-07-2001, 06:17 AM

sorry, my fault. I didn't notice the Aussie address.

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-07-2001, 06:22 AM

no probs!

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-15-2001, 09:55 AM

Got one too.

I just got a 2001 GSX-R 750 a few weeks ago as well. Still breaking it in at this point, I'm at
800 kms so still taking it easy somewhat, trying to keep revs below 7000. It looks good, handles great and got it for a bargain here in Canada. Only complaint and it is minor is the buzziness through the bars but it seems to smooth out as the revs get higher, oh yeah I kinda wish they still had analog speedometers but I have to say the digital is far better than I expected it to be. This bike ROCKS...nuff said.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-18-2001, 07:21 AM

Question 750 or 600

I ride a 94 ZX600, and I am looking at the gsxr line. I don't know if the 750 is going to be too big of a leap for me. My bike has about half the hp that the 750 will have, and it has about 60% or so what the 600 will have.

I haven't had a chance to ride either bike, so that is why I am asking everyone's opinion. I'm sure the 600 will be a better fit for me now, but am I going to kick myselft a few months after I buy it? From what I noticed, from sitting on the bikes, is that they have the same feel.

So my question is which bike do I really want? I know the 600 is a big enough leap, but do I want to go for the real deal right away, 750? The price difference is so small it doesn't even matter. I found a couple 2k1s that are marked down $600 or so. I think I could get them lower than that if I wanted.

Thanks for any input.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2001, 05:22 AM

Sounds like you should go for the 750. Price is about the same so go for it. The 750 is an awesome machine, it is quite a step up but if you ride it with caution and sense you will be happy with your purchase. Take-Care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode