Looking for a used SV650 to start out on - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-15-2001, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Blueadder
I have been looking around and i like the way the sv sounds-----------cheap insurance and no fairings. I know that this bikes are new and that alot of people bought them to run on the tracks. Would buying one of this bikes used on the tracks be worth it? Keep in mind, this is for a first bike to learn on. I have checked out SVRider.com and they have quite a few for sell, but why would people be selling this bikes that have under 700 miles on them and are 2000 and some 2001 models?
Appreciate the help.
Later

98 Grand Prix GTP
Looking into getting a sport bike.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-16-2001, 05:13 AM

Great bike to start on, but used ones are hard to find beause all the racers are snapping them up. Try www.traderonline.com.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-16-2001, 05:55 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
if it the wiring isn't cut up, buying one that saw track duty isn't a bad thing (especially track days over racing). it all depends on how many times it was crashed and how difficult the racer made the job of making it street-legal. for example, the headlight leads on my 400 are gone, as well as the rear brake light switch and the turn siginal leads an switch gear is all gone. making my 400 a street bike isn't worth it. many times guys will just tape the wiring up, which makes turning it into a streetbike a nightmare.

honestly, race-ready sv's seem to be selling for a lot of money, because like strada said racers are buying them up.

there are still some bargains out there. even a new sv650 might not be that bad if you take your time with it. because of demand, they sell for very little less than they did new. i saw a wrecked one for $2500 and my local dealer is selling them for like $5100 new!!!

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode