How many TLR's we got here? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-15-2001, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Just wondering!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tlr3.jpg (18.3 KB, 378 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-16-2001, 09:48 AM

Talking TLR`s?

I bought my `98TLR new and have since put on a Yosh RS-3 full race exhaust and BMC air filter and a re-map,I also hand polished my stock steering damper.Its a great bike but very underrated.

I AM CANADIAN
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-23-2001, 07:20 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Tillerman
Just wondering!

I have a '99 TLR with around 6k on it, I freakin love the thing.....It was very under-rated when it came out, that's what I hate about the biased moto-mags. Anyways, I have dusted more than a dozen of the so called better bikes, (R1,900RR, 929RR, Busa, ZX-12) just to name a few. I have chopped about 50 pounds off the bike I also have the Yoshi RS3 slip ons, what can I say I love car alarms! I run the 1/4 mile around 10.4 at 132. Let me know if you have any questions regarding maintenance, or other issues.

"Deny, Deny,Deny, make counter accusations"

"It's time to kick names and take a$$" -Byslexic Dastard

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-23-2001, 10:40 AM

TLR'S

You "dusted" an R1,929, and a 12R, on a suzuki TLR...... I'm thinkin your a few nuggets short of a happy meal...... I fly buy guy's on TLR's on my gixxer 750, your not full of [email protected]#$t are you????? Don't get me wrong i love TLR's but to say you dusted all those killer bikes is kinda hard to take in....??

Keep the rubber side down!!???
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-23-2001, 04:11 PM

Cool Re: TLR'S

Quote:
Originally posted by rocketman
You "dusted" an R1,929, and a 12R, on a suzuki TLR...... I'm thinkin your a few nuggets short of a happy meal...... I fly buy guy's on TLR's on my gixxer 750, your not full of [email protected]#$t are you????? Don't get me wrong i love TLR's but to say you dusted all those killer bikes is kinda hard to take in....??
Maybe I should specify my term "dusted"....I'm not sure how good the riders on all those other TLR's were, but I am quite good...My TL weighs in at around 387(dry). It is putting out 145 rwhp. I get the jump on all of the above bikes up to around a mile and a half, when all those lovely little gixxers and others get to their powerband at which point there is usually another stoplight and it starts all over again. As for your little happy meal comment, next time you are in hawaii, let me know and we'll see if you can just fly by me(never happen).

"It's time to kick names and take a$$" -Byslexic Dastard
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-27-2001, 03:56 PM

Cool

I have a 99 TLR. I agree with SZKITL1000R
that the bike is very underated! I love the bike, especially the way it handles and the power of the V-Twin!!! I just hate the way it chews through tires, but its worth it. Depending on the mods you throw at it, it could be a very powerful contender in any situation. As far as "dusting" other bikes, Im sure it can. And mine probably could as well, just not with my fat ass on it

And I have done the standard mods: Yosh RS3 Full system, bmc filter, frame and bar sliders, and of course a gel seat.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-27-2001, 05:02 PM

Talking Who's faster??

Boy! Some of you guys are brutal! "A few nuggets shy of a happy meal?" I know I'm an old guy (and I may be going senile) but I WILL tell all you guys something that's no BS. Back when I started riding real fast (on the street...and that does make a difference with who has the biggest set) I was on a VF500 (an Interceptor for you young kids). My regular riding buddies were: A VF750, a FZ750, a 900 ninja, a FJ1100, a 1100 Katana (81 or 82), a VF1000, a FJ600 and a RZ350. Of all these bikes, only the FZ750 could leave me. I would have a hard time getting around the 900 and the VF1000, but they could not leave me. AND there were times I went around even them. On the street, it's mostly the rider.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-28-2001, 06:05 AM

Send a message via AIM to RCjohn
Re: Re: TLR'S

Quote:
Originally posted by SZKITL1000R

Maybe I should specify my term "dusted"....I'm not sure how good the riders on all those other TLR's were, but I am quite good...My TL weighs in at around 387(dry). It is putting out 145 rwhp. I get the jump on all of the above bikes up to around a mile and a half, when all those lovely little gixxers and others get to their powerband at which point there is usually another stoplight and it starts all over again. As for your little happy meal comment, next time you are in hawaii, let me know and we'll see if you can just fly by me(never happen).
LOL

I thought you were full of crap too since you neglected to mention that you have a well tweaked TLR. A stock or even mildly tweaked TLR won't dust any of the aforemention bikes for very far.

You should post a thread about your modifications. I think it would be good reading. Especially how you got it down to that dry weight. The RC could use the same diet.

I also agree with the statement that the TLR is way underrated. I have always liked the bike(except for the tailsection). They flat pump out some horsepower and torque.

John

The sheep need love too but they lie.

Last edited by RCjohn; 03-29-2001 at 07:28 AM.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-28-2001, 02:39 PM

Sweet TL1000

I already posted my two cents about it being all rider. However I was forgeting my manners. Sweet looking bike man! And with all those mods it has to be just about perfect for a street bike. Wish I could get permission from the half that has my money to get one. I have to be satisfied with my old bike. Have fun "dusting" the other bikes. Give me a call if you come down to VA.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-28-2001, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tillerman
Just wondering!
Does this count?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crunch_1.jpg (26.2 KB, 237 views)

James

If 33 red cows enter a race with a total of 37 cows, should anyone be surprised when a red cow wins?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode