2000 GSX-R750 Exhaust - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-06-2001, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation

Hey everyone! Who has good results with exhaust systems for the new gixxer 750's?? I heard Hindle makes a good system. What about slip-ons? If I go with the Hindle what will I sacrifice (if anything) because of eliminating the factory exhaust valve? Any help is greatly appreciated.

"You don't want none!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-06-2001, 01:54 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
pretty much the same manufacturers who make power with every other bike. akropovic, expensive--m4, good power, cheap--hindle, good power, cheap, light.

i heard www.fcycle.com is selling a standard mount full hindle al can for $445. chris is just killing everyone's price on hindle.

bolt-ons look like crap on gsxr's (just my opinion). and many slip-ons are damn close in price to a full hindle.

btw, what exhaust valve. there's no exup or anything like that i know of on the 2000 750. the pair doesn't have to be removed.

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by FZR400Tony; 03-06-2001 at 01:57 PM.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2001, 04:33 PM

suzuki 2000 gsx-r750 exhaust

hi sal, i too have a blue/white 2000 gixer 750, as tony says only the 1000 has a power valve in the exhaust. i have replaced the standard end can with a D & D carbon bolt on. as i have not had it dyno'd i have no idea if its making any extra power, but the sound it makes at high revs is pure music, if you look on the D & D website they have a short video of our bike being run on the dyno, admittedly with a full system fitted. if you are not interested in squeezing every last drop of power out of your machine i would not rule out just fitting a bolt on race can (see my pic)
good luck
deano
Attached Images
File Type: jpg d&d can 1 640x480.jpg (82.9 KB, 294 views)

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 12:41 PM

I have a carbon fiber Yosh RS3 Race Only slip on and I love it. Only $365 from www.mawonline.com. My brother went for a different look on his R6 and got a Xmetal from TwoBrothers. Very nice.

Tony is right though...all the major manufacturers produce good stuff. Muzzy, Yosh, Micron, D&D, Hindle, and Two Brothers all come to mind as good quality. From what I have heard you will want to stay away from Vance & Hines.

If you get a Yosh, make sure you get a RS3 Race Only. Do NOT get a Zyclone.

Hope my last words will NOT be "Hey guys, watch this!!"
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2001, 10:25 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to wacky_woodchuck
If you want a really good can, with mondo sound and sweet power, check out www.renegade-exhausts.com They can make high level twins for that bike. They will be coming out soon. Just ask Jorge in the Interaction Zone. When checking out prices, remeber that if you do not live in the UK, you need to remove 17.5% from the price. Shipping to the states is fast and easy.

Cheers... Mike

Mike

2000 Suzuki SV 650
1981 Yamaha XT 250
1978 Yamaha RD400E
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-03-2001, 11:13 AM

Unhappy

I went to the renegade site, but didn't see any pics for the gsxr.......not the new one at least and no twin cans....I would love to see them before I replace my M4. But one can't wait forever ;(

Paul
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-03-2001, 11:43 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to wacky_woodchuck
Hey Paul,

All you gotta do is stand up and ask... Raise your hand or something. I stated that they are not out yet on his site, but that doesn't mean he hasn't made a set yet. I know for a fact that Jorge has built them though. Just ask him on his website under the interaction zone. I know he will build it for you no problem.

I asked him the question. Go to the Renegade site, then Click the Interaction Zone to the Left, then onto Questions for Renegade, and find the topic of "Hey Jorge, There's tons of people in the States... "

Any questions give Jorge a shout at [email protected]

He will help you...

Cheers... Mike

Mike

2000 Suzuki SV 650
1981 Yamaha XT 250
1978 Yamaha RD400E
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-03-2001, 01:07 PM

Cool

Oops!!

You're right mike. Hey keep us clued in as to the developments. I don't want to bug him if you already asked him......

Paul
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-02-2001, 09:09 PM

hi ya sal!, firstly good choice of bike man , i have recently purchased a 01 gsxr 750 (3 weeks old) and put on a yoshi rs3 titanium slip on, love the noise, and the look it gives the bike, cant really comment on the extra performance though as i havent had it dyno'd but the sound speaks highly enough. hope that helps!

two wheels are better than four wheels....but one wheel is better still.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-11-2001, 08:04 AM

Talking

Sal,

Go with the Hindle you will not be disappointed. Light, very good quality, and sounds awesome! FYI, the High Mount is the only way to go!

View more pics of the exhaust here - http://gsxr600.org/images/bike4-21/

Anthony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode