Paging Bandit owners - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2001, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

Question

Just recently purchased a 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200s and was wondering if anyone had tried Dale Walkers Holeshot exhaust and what you thought of it. Also any replies on the exhaust everyone uses besides DW's and there thoughts on them would be appreciated while I'm still trying to decide what kind to get. Thanx in advance for any and all responses.

2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200s
Full Holeshot system w/Stage 2
2000 Yamaha Banshee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2001, 10:17 PM

Cool

You should consider heading over to http://www.maximum-suzuki.com , its the official forums for the World Wide Bandit Owners Club. Needless to say, theres quite a few Banditos there who can answer your questions.

Hope to see you there.

Griff
2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2001, 01:22 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Fatman
Thumbs up

I considered the Holeshot system, but they were out of stock when I called and being the impatient bastard that I am, I bought a Two Brothers full exhaust system with a C-4 carbon muffler. I installed the pipe and a Dynojet stage three jet kit. What a difference, the power gain is fantastic.

(I put the air box back in and re-jetted the carbs because the rain and resulting street lakes clogged the filters, not a problem if you have a car)

My bike still pulls wheelies from just above idle, pulls hard from 3000 rpm and go's like a bat out of a very, very bad place from 6000 rpm.
If you want to keep the center stand, buy the Holeshot system, otherwise any good system and jet kit will probably do just fine.

Build a man a fire, and he is warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life.

Everything I know I learned from killing smart people and eating their brains.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2001, 03:02 AM

Have a look at the Bandit Talk and Bandits-R-us mailing lists.

Guys with extensive experience on the Holsehot add-ons specifically, as well as other performance mods/parts for Bandits.

Addresses:

http://lists.mcf.com/bandit-talk/
(Bandit Talk)

http://www.topica.com/lists/Bandits
(Bandits-R-Us)

Cheers

Jacob Kruger
'01 GSF1200S
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2001, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

Talking

Thanx guys I ordered one of DW's Vortex slipons with the silver jet-coating they said it would keep its color but the stainless one would discolor after awhile like the original pipes but this one will always be silver and would match their headers if/when I decide to get them I can't wait till wednesday that's when it should be here I was told just have to wait and see.

2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200s
Full Holeshot system w/Stage 2
2000 Yamaha Banshee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode