Removing PAIR? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-23-2000, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Question

I've been reading about people removing the PAIR system (Pulsed Air Injection something something), from Hayabusa's. All 50-State 2001 model Busa's, GSX-R's, and GSF's, have this system.

Anybody have any idea on whats required to remove it?

Thanks all

Griff
2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-24-2000, 07:00 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to suzmcman
Try going to MPSRACING.COM they sell block-off plates for the holes in the head of the motor once the PAIR system is removed. What it dose I'am not sure at this point but taking this system off, as listed on the MPS site, drops about 2.5lbs.

Todd
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Upper Sandusky, Ohio
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-24-2000, 09:36 AM

Post PAIR?

http://www.IntuRace.com also sells block off plates.I`m considering doing it on my `98TLR,removing it prevents excessive backfiring.

I AM CANADIAN

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-24-2000, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies guys. I have a 2001 B12, and I'm looking for every simple little mod I can find. I think I'll add this to my list of "things-to-do".....

Griff
2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200s

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2001, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down

Crap....

Well, I got the block off plates from Intuitive Racing today, and wouldnt ya know know it, they are too F%[email protected] short!!!!

You'd figure Suz' would use the same size mounts on all of their motors! The GSX-R's, Hayabusa's, SV's, and TL's all have the same size..... But my 2001 Bandit? NOOooooo.

BS.

Griff
2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200s

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2001, 07:33 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to suzmcman
PAIR

Well at least someone else has about the same kind of luck I do. I'am with you I would have thought they were the same for all of their motors but since they are not I would call the company you bought them from or get with the address I posted and see if you can get what you need.

Todd
Upper Sandusky, Ohio
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2001, 12:13 AM Thread Starter

Cool

Well, I went ahead and started taking off the PAIR system today (its raining for the next few days, heh). I am going to use the injector plates as a template, and just make my own. Aluminum/alloy is cheap, and easy to fabricate with. Gasket material is easy to come by as well.....

One way or another, that thing is gone!

Griff
2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200s

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-15-2001, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

Well, its done! I took that bastard off, and put on my custom block-off plates. Its amazing what yo can do with a hacksaw, drill, and a nice bench grinder

This is what I did, in case anyone wants to make their own:

1. Took the whole PAIR system off.
2. Bought some plate 6061-T6 Aluminum alloy for $2. Matched the gauge (thickness) with that of the injector plates.
3. Drilled a 1/4" hole (thats an exact match of the holes in the orignal injector plates) somewhere in the aluminum plate.
4. Bolted an original injector plate to the aluminum plate through the hole I drilled.
5. Drilled the second hole using the original injector plate
as a guide.
6. Bolted the second hole.
7. Used a awl/pick to scribe the outline of the original plate into the aluminum.
8. Unbolted the plates.
9. Hacksaw'd around the template I scribed, leaving some fat around the out side edges.
10. Fine finished the template with a bench grinder and a hand-file.

Perfect fit, clean looking, and 100 percent functional.

Griff
2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200s

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2001, 01:51 AM Thread Starter

Interesting observations I've had after removing that blasted boat-anchor smog system from my bike.....

1. Bike starts WAY easier, cold weather or warm.
2. Bikes idles noticebly smoother now.

Any one else remove PAIR from their Zuki', and notice any thing like this?

Griff
2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200s

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode