Well, its done! I took that bastard off, and put on my custom block-off plates. Its amazing what yo can do with a hacksaw, drill, and a nice bench grinder
This is what I did, in case anyone wants to make their own:
1. Took the whole PAIR system off.
2. Bought some plate 6061-T6 Aluminum alloy for $2. Matched the gauge (thickness) with that of the injector plates.
3. Drilled a 1/4" hole (thats an exact match of the holes in the orignal injector plates) somewhere in the aluminum plate.
4. Bolted an original injector plate to the aluminum plate through the hole I drilled.
5. Drilled the second hole using the original injector plate
as a guide.
6. Bolted the second hole.
7. Used a awl/pick to scribe the outline of the original plate into the aluminum.
8. Unbolted the plates.
9. Hacksaw'd around the template I scribed, leaving some fat around the out side edges.
10. Fine finished the template with a bench grinder and a hand-file.
Perfect fit, clean looking, and 100 percent functional.