2008 Gsx-r1000 - Page 3 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesht View Post
To my brother in Arkansas: You will not catch me purchasing a Kawasaki anytime in the near future. Of the "Big 4" Jap manufacturers, they are last on my list. They may be popular to everyone else on here, but they just don't suit me. That's not to say I wouldn't enjoy the opportunity to take out a newer ZX-10 or even a -14, but it would take a bit of convincing.

But if I'm ever in your neck of the woods, I'll stop by and beg you to let me take the 14 out for a spin
LOL...anytime bro...bring 6 with ya, hell ya'll all come on down we'll have a BBQ...and watch the Hogs kick hell outta Texas

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties.
Abraham Lincoln
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 04:34 AM

the gixxer has to be a great bike, its won almost every comparo since 2000

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties.
Abraham Lincoln
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 06:15 AM

Hey snake, I somehow missed this post. I just bout the 07 gixxer 1000 a little more than a week ago. Here is what I can tell you compared to my 05R1 and my cousins 06 gixxer 1000 and 06 ZX10. First the dry weight difference between the 06 and 07 gixxers is around 7 pounds according to the flyers you get with a new bike. I feel like the sitting position is a little better on the 07 vs 06 and I am 6feet 220 pounds. Power wise the 07 has a few more horses, according to shootouts and flyers. Now comparing the 07 to the 05 R1 and 06 ZX10. First is comfort. The gixxer was by far the most comfortable. I can ride this bike all day. Now comapared to the R! which I could only ride for about an hour and I felt like I wouldnt be able to get off of it. Its a little more comfy than the ZX 10 but for some reason I could never really get comfy on that bike, dont really know why. Now comparing straight ahead drag power between the 3, the gixxer beats them all pretty easy. The gixxer has a real snappy punch at low RPMs. The mid range is weak but once you get past 9000 RPMs it really wakes up and I mean really wakes up. I like it for town driving because it has so much power in the low RPMS, I can drive around town in 3rd gear all day and have to power to get going if I need to. Now the Stock gearing on the 06 and 07 gixxers are a little different. The 06 will easily do over a 100 in first gear. I think the 07 has an extra tooth on the rear sprocket than the 06. We drag raced the gixxers and the other two bikes every which way possible. From stops to roll ons in every gear and the gixxers win every time no matter who is driving. All in all I love the 07 Gixxer

Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all.

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
Thanks for the feedback, apuddy. What's the redline on the 1K? Seems like 9,000 is a little high for getting into the powerband,

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 07:35 AM

I think its at 13750

Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode