2008 Gsx-r1000 - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 12:51 PM

I'm trying to decide between the GSXR1000 and an R1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 06:49 PM

get the suzuki, no im joking man ride both bikes and which ever one feels right for you then get that one.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 06:00 AM

The 09 will be completely redesigned. I am thinking about getting rid of the 08 I just got ahold of from my buddy since i have my 04 But i dont know. It was a deal I couldnt pass up. My thread will explain the whole sisuation. The 08 seems to have alot more front end feel than the pervious gsxrs that i can see. I really havent had much time to spend on it but it seems to be a pretty nice bike. I would personally just go with fits you best because all the liter bikes are very close and it really only amounts to the rider. The 750s are the way to go personally. Rode one of those and fell in love with it. Nimble as a 600 but the power of the big guys..

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 06:33 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
I thought they'd wait a couple more years to do a total redesign, but I may just hold off if that's the case (not like I have a choice until I sell the Duc).

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 07:38 AM

It is likely that both the R1 and the G1K will both be redesigned for 2009.

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son." - Vernon Wormer.- Dean, Faber College.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 12:31 PM

and yes 09 is the redesign year 03-05 are the same design,and 06-08 are the same design, im not completely sure itf thats accurate but if they follow the trend that they have ben then next year will be a different look
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 03:20 PM

Dear Snake ,

Please beg, borrow, or steal, a ride on an 04 - 05 ZX10.

Then when you grow up you can trade it for a mans bike.

The ZX14.

Your brother in Arkansas
ARKninjaZX9

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties.
Abraham Lincoln
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 03:23 PM

Disclaimer:

This was not intended to hurt anyones feeling other than those people whose feelings it hurt. If you feel your feeling were not hurt but should have been, please call American Suzuki at 800-555-ZUKI

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties.
Abraham Lincoln
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
To my brother in Arkansas: You will not catch me purchasing a Kawasaki anytime in the near future. Of the "Big 4" Jap manufacturers, they are last on my list. They may be popular to everyone else on here, but they just don't suit me. That's not to say I wouldn't enjoy the opportunity to take out a newer ZX-10 or even a -14, but it would take a bit of convincing.

But if I'm ever in your neck of the woods, I'll stop by and beg you to let me take the 14 out for a spin

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 06:53 PM

suspension suspension suspension is all i have to say about the kawi. They have great motors but cant keep the front end on the ground. I just call them unrully.. We have been trying to sort out my buddies 08 suspension for quite some time now... Yes suz will have a new gix next year. Have already been told by the dealership. I am a honda man but just stuck with good deals on suz. All depends on the rider..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode