Traded my 600 for a 750!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-11-2006, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Cool Traded my 600 for a 750!!

Picked up an O7 GSXR 750 today and I am in love! Black and grey is just beautiful!!

Now I need opinions!
Should I go with a slip on or a full exhaust. I don't really like a bike that is to loud but I like more power.

Also should I get a PC3? I know I should with exhaust but what if I didn't change the exhaust?

Does anybody make a license bracket for the 07? I have to get rid of this hunk of plastic?

Now I need to get her broke in!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-11-2006, 05:09 PM

By dumping the stock can you will only gain in SOUND though you may feel you have gained in power. A full exhaust system along with PC3 will mean a gain in power, but only at top revs, though not a dramatic gain in power, while basically a loss of power at revs you will be using most often UNLESS you are at Track Days all the time.

Remember all the others on the road are crazy & out to kill you.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-11-2006, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

That is what I figured. I just wonder if a PCIII would tweak the performance a little.

If I remove the stock plastic license plate holder is it okay just to cut the two wires that operate the license plate light, then push them back inside the tail and tape them off?

I have a couple of brackets that I can mount the plate to that will look nice.

Thanks

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-11-2006, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Smitty
By dumping the stock can you will only gain in SOUND though you may feel you have gained in power. A full exhaust system along with PC3 will mean a gain in power, but only at top revs, though not a dramatic gain in power, while basically a loss of power at revs you will be using most often UNLESS you are at Track Days all the time.
Hey Smitty why do so many people talk like "The first thing you need is a bolt-on or slip-on" Crap all the time? Is it fashionable? Personally I have a k6 750 Gixxer, and I think the thing I need the most is some steel braided brake lines. I am starting to notice some fade.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 08:46 AM

Well nomadic I can only assume that the one thing they have found is so many people have made the can change to make the bike louder & owners claiming an amazing to some good increase in power PLUS it makes their bike a bit different to someone elses's change in another can. So appearance & sound.

As for the PC3 because it is understood to make an outstanding improvement. Yet in many cases when they run into starting problems often those that have had them come out with the suggesting that they by-pass the PC 1, 11, & 111.

The cutting of the rear porting of the mudguard is strictly appearance. I remember we had a oil rig driller from Texas up in the Alberta Province & actually lived in Edmonton my home town. He immediately removed his front mudgard because that was the fad in Texas & Calif but he did not take into consideration the rain & the mud/dirt, cinder to gravel roads so felt like a bit of a fool, yet was a good friend to most of us including myself with part ownership of the m/c shop.

I agree with you just a set of braided SS of Kevlar front brake lines is a better move then any of the chap's proposed changes to his Suzy.

Same chap from Texas upgraded himself to a 1000cc Vincent HRD Rapide C to also do an immediate switch from the flat handle bars for a set of Flanders bars then had me make longer clutch, throttle, & brake cables as he had obtained some 8" raisers though after a few runs with us other Vincent riders he went back to buying a set of flat handle-bars. Joe (the chap from Texas & one of my better friends at the time) was simply one that liked to be different in his own way be in right or wrong---you had to prove it to him. We all claimed that his Father had to be from England due to his subborn wrong ways.

Oh yes with his 500cc Velocette purchased directly from me he took of the can feeling it was more powerful. Put it back on again for I took a stock Royal Enfield to prove it was sensless to remove the can for claimed power increase.

For the interest of the m/c Club our head mechanic & I put on a display of a timed strip on a road with the bike in stock form, then with muffler removed to prove a drop in speed, then a well tuned straight pipe (the mechanic was one of the best in tuning comp bikes) along with easy to adjust same but adjusted carb that gained in speed over the removed muffler bit, BUT still not as much as stock---------end result is most stuck their stock mufflers back on. Not to mention problems with exhaust ports damaged with the removal of the muffler over time.

Last edited by Smitty; 11-12-2006 at 08:54 AM.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

I hear what you guys are saying. I don't know if I will get a new can or not. The shop recommended it but I guess they will make money off of it.

I guess I like to accessorize

Will it be okay just to tape off those wires?
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by hooked
...I don't know if I will get a new can or not. The shop recommended it but I guess they will make money off of it...
Got it in one.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 11:43 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to GixxerChris
although getting a new can doesn't do much more than spruce up the appearance, I found that the little bit of a louder sound made me more noticeable to cagers and I got cut off a lot less after changing my can.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Live Life, Don't Just Merely Exist In It

for the military affiliated peeps:
www.homelandsportbikes.com
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 01:48 PM

Hooked there is no need to tape of some wires on a new or even used bike if it runs properly.

It is up to you if you want to chop the rear mudguard ( FENDER to you though I think of a fender for a cage) as the bike looks better to most. Personally I know all the crap that comes from the road when it is raining & the mudguard is chopped like most. Remember you need the LP visable & the LP light on it.

Hold back on the can till you can find out more about them for something that is overly loud is not as good as one with more deep throat like sounds IF you feel you have the money to waste? Because I can only ask do you have all the protective gear you need in jackets, GOOD gloves, trousers, boots & helmet? If not that some of the money for a new can will help a lot for your personal protection though none of us want to come off a bike or end up in an accident.

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Smitty, I have been riding bikes all of my life. I have all of the protective gear. I have owned several sport bikes thisone being my foruth. I have had several different cans but most of them on carbed bikes. I am not a newbie to bikes. I am justlooking for info on cans for the new suzuki's. I have no experience with the new GP cans and fuel injection.

I don't lie the looks of the mudgaurd and I have removed it. It is very easy to remove. I just wanted to know if it was okay just to tape off the wires to the LP light or do I need to take them all the way off by taking the tail off and unplugging them. It looks like they would just unplug but I would have to take everything off to get to it. Just wondering if taping them off will be okay.

I just like the clean look on the bike and don't see any reason that it would hinder performance. I dont' ride in the mud. The LP is close enough to the brake lights to be lit up at night. I rarely ride at night anyway.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode