***NEED HELP***-Urgent - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-10-2006, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
ven

***NEED HELP***-Urgent

I'm looking to buy a used 92 GSXR 1100

Problem I am having is that there is a couple of problems with it. And I need to know if they are major and expencive before I go ahead with the purchase..

Please help
First problem is:
The clutch cyilnder needs replacing because the front sprocket came lose on a ride and fubared the cyclnder a little.

Can someone tell me what this means?

2nd problem is:
It slips out of second when power is applyed,Dealer says this is a normal thing for the suzuki bikes after a while.The dogs get wore and the shift fork gets wore.

Is this guy shooting me a line and this is more serious than hes telling me.

Or is it much smaller like he says

this is the complete email I got can you tell me if this is a good deal and what you think its worth

The bike is at my house.Its a 1992 Gsxr 1100.I have pics on my other pc i wil,load them and send them in a min.
My uncle and I Took the engine out and put in all new engine bearings,and sealed it back up with new gaskets.
I put mikuni flat slide carbs on it had them upgraded at mikuni,sent back to me then installed at maximun cycle on the dyno machine.
The clucth cylnder needs replaceing because the front sprocket came lose on a ride and fubared the cyclnder a little.Oh yeah while we had the engine was out I also put in barnett clutch plates brand new.I spent 500.00 on carbs from a buddy of mine how now races canadian super bike.I then spent 700.00 on install and tune setup.It slips out of second when power is applyed,Dealer says this is a normal thing for the suzuki bikes after a while.The dogs get wore and the shift fork gets wore.Im trying to give u as much info as I can.Im not trying to ditch the bike off to someone and not have them know it needs to be fixed before riding.However when its fixed this thing is awsome

please anyone that can help it would be fantastic. I will be watching for any reponses
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Dad

You need to split the cases and replace the related gears and shift fork. If you can do the work yourself, it's not too expensive, just parts. Maybe a couple of hundred dollars, not sure. If you're looking at labor it's definitely pretty costly.

Hard to say what's up with the sprocket, clutch cylinder. May be minor, may be more. Sounds like a bit of a project bike.

Check your motivation for buying it. If it's that model in particular that you're interested in, might be worth it. If it's just to try to get a good deal on a bike, might pass. They were a real hot rod in their day but a lot has changed since then. You can get more performance from most newer 600's and up. Hope that helps.

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 10:11 AM

Depends on the price of the bike. If it's really cheap, then it might be worth while to pick it up and rebuild it.

As far as performance of the bike when its running right, the '92 GSXR 1100 with a big bore kit in it, a good tune and some other minor mods like sprockets is enough bike to keep up with R1s.

A lot of Streetfighters use the 92 1100 motor as the the center piece of their machines.

Pete

98 600/750 Gix

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 12:13 PM

Sounds like a piece of crap to me. [FUBARED]
Line from the movie Saving Private Ryan,,,means,,,,
,,,,,,,F#@ked up deyond all reason.
1. Never,,,ever put smooth bore carbs on a street bike unless it came that way from the factory.
2. If it comes out of 2nd gear under power it's been rode HARD real HARD.
3. If they took out the motor and put in new bearings WHY not fix the tranny? Last time I checked you need to split the cases to pull the crank and change barings They can claim a lot of internal work without having to show anything. Barnett clutches????
Why not a better clutch spring??, on gixers it's a couple of discs.
I have a friend who toasted 2nd gear on his ZX11 because he would do 2nd gear WHEELIES all day long.
The seller claims to have spent a lot of money on this bike, but it still has problems.
Parts for these bikes arn't cheap so step carefully.

Is this an EBAY bike? Saw one with smoothbore carbs, the seller said it ran ok but needed a tune up. One of the pics showed the stock petcock and a rack of smooth bores. Can't run the stock petcock with smooth bore carbs.
Anyway unless you can buy it for $2 bucks I'd pass on it...
It might be ok for parts, other wise walk away....
I'd like to see the pics he sent. And the dyno sheet

This is my gixer 11

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...n/bb013658.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/katanajohn/3.jpg

There are lots of them out there,lots of good ones...

Hope this helps

SO DO YOU FEEL LUCKY?
WELL DO YOU?

Last edited by katanajohn 1197; 12-04-2006 at 09:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode