Arrrgh! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-18-2000, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Angry

Damn it! The Katana Bashing thread positively on fire, and I can't get in there! I've tried two different machines and no dice! I hope you guys aren't calling me nasty names for bashing on Katanas!!!

I'm gonna keep trying, but I have my doubts!

------------------
I WILL have a Ducati!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-18-2000, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Yeah! Got in! Kinda TOASTY!

------------------
I WILL have a Ducati!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-19-2000, 06:03 PM

Hey CSS,

What kind of riders do you hang out with? I am trying to figure out why you are having problems with your Katana. Don't blame your body size, if it's just rider ability.Is this your first bike? I wish that I could have spent another $2 grand and gotten a pure sportbike, too, but I opt for less monthly payments, less insurance rates, better fuel mileage, and more comfort. I still get tickets just like the big boys, too I just can't outrun the law, like they do - which isn't always a bad thing

For about $100, you can re-gear the sprockets and get a new chain and get some more performance out of your bike. Atleast a 1/2 sec. in the quarter mile.

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
40 tickets now. I need a Hayabusa!
I'm a bird watcher and I'm looking for a Big Breasted Bed Thrasher, have you seen one?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-03-2000, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

Hey bro! Actually, I don't blame my Katana problems on my weight and size. And honestly, I'm not using all the performance potential my bike has to offer. But I really like the way a 180 looks out back, and I really got tired of being smoked BAD off the line by a buddy's new ZX-6R.

Now, he certainly spent more and spends more for his bike, so I'm not surprised or anything, just dissappointed.

I think one of the main reasons a person buys a bike, (wether they will admit to it or not) is to look cool.

I get lots of compliments on my bike by NON-cyclists, and that's really nice. I, however am an asshole and say, "Nah, this is bottom of the food chain material."

I just rode the bike from Pueblo, CO to Albequerquey with no problems (other than my arse still hurts).

I could use a few more mph on top, but I'd hardly ever need them. 110mph is max stable speed.

A wider rear tire is mostly for looks, because there is no eminent danger of me dragging a knee this week. I am however gaining more confidence in turns, and enjoy hangin' a cheek off when I can.

I guess I've heard a lot of bashing, and since there's a few things I don't care for on my bike, I decided to join in. Take it for what it's worth. I still don't like my Katana that much, and can't wait to trade it in.

Even if I got a brand new 996, I'd probably bitch about something. That's how I am, never happy with what I got.

If you dig what you got, you're in good shape. I envy you.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-05-2000, 02:35 PM

katana

Don't feel bad about having a katana. They're great bikes. For the price.
I just traded in a 98 Kat 600 for a 00 Hayabusa. Still miss the kat....
But the busa is helping me get over it.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-05-2000, 04:51 PM
Squid

Send a message via AIM to jk6672
Re: katana

Quote:
Originally posted by Hush
Don't feel bad about having a katana. They're great bikes. For the price.
I just traded in a 98 Kat 600 for a 00 Hayabusa. Still miss the kat....
But the busa is helping me get over it.
How do you like that Busa? Big difference between that and the Kat, huh. I've never ridden one but they just look huge compared to my R1.

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode