1993 gsxr 750 wheelies - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-26-2000, 06:46 AM Thread Starter

Question

I purchased a 93 gsxr 750 two years ago. it was all stock and i've put kerker pipes and a K&N air filter. I have never been able to pull a wheelie on it nor has any one else while i have had it. I could care less if it will do it or not but if it should then I need to know why it will not. any suggestions would be very helpful. since this is the only sports bike i have ever owned I've never realy known what to expect from it.

------------------
Alton
Winnie, TX.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2000, 01:38 AM

Talking

I had a '94 750 and I rarely could get the front wheel off the ground. I actually broke a chain trying to do snap wheelies. Suzuki had just gone to the water cooled engine in 92(?) or 93 and those were some heavy bikes. Try dropping a tooth in the front and getting the revs up to 7-8k, off the gas-on the gas real quick and give a good tug. That should help a lot.

------------------
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-01-2000, 03:16 AM
Squidwannabe

Get someone with no brains to sit on the back while trying this ... it actually is easier to wheelie a bike with someone on back.

Just be careful. I would not bring it up to the balance point (Not to high) with a passenger.

------------------
Whatever that little sheep said is a damn lie !!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-01-2000, 03:41 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
have you tried bumpy pavement? i knew a guy who used to do great stand-ups on his (especially over rr tracks where he could get some wheel spin going). but he had a katana 1100 before his 93 750.

i think he clutched the regular ones up.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-01-2000, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the feedback I as mostly just wandering if a 93 gsxr750 could do it like i said i,ve never been able to get it more than a couple of inches off the ground stock or with the mods

------------------
Alton
Winnie, TX.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2000, 12:38 PM
Squidwannabe

I'm not tryin to brag, but my '89 ninja 600 can hang for 1/2 mile , starts to lose power in 2nd but .....

Bring your bike over, I 'll even smoke the tires off for you!

Try this : In first gear accel to 7 grand, let off until you feel the suspension dive, when it reaches lowest point crack the throttle back on full... Voila!

Practice this for a few years then try shifting

If you still can't get it up take two of these and call me in the morning!

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.

Adam
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2000, 10:40 AM

I just got my '93 about 2 months ago. My first bike. I have been trying to do wheelies and stoppies the entire time.

For wheelies, I've only done about 1 good one. I got onto a long straight with almost no traffic. Accelerated to about 25mph in first gear. Then i held the clutch in just enought to let the engine rev freely. Revved to about 9000, and then dropped the clutch REAL QUICk. The bitch still didn't wheelie. So i just opened the throttle all the way and at about 12,500rpm, i finally got the wheel to come up about a foot. But then i bitched out and let the front end drop, cause i was doing about 70mph by then. I wish I had the balls to kick it into 2nd...

Stoppies are even harder, and scarier. The best one i did so far was about 6 inches off the ground. the problem is that the front wheel keeps locking up. Also, its a little scary, and that messes you up too.

Maybe my bike wasn't broke in properly, and the engine is running weak. But i'm really happy with it, and its made to race, not do stunts, so don't be too disappointed if you can't do all the showy stuff like other bikes. And it is REALLY heavy. With a full tank of gas, and about 4 quarts of oil, probably around 530-550lbs.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2000, 01:51 PM
Squidwannabe

Quote:
Maybe my bike wasn't broke in properly, and the engine is running weak. But i'm really happy with it, and its made to race, not do stunts, so don't be too disappointed if you can't do all the showy stuff like other bikes. And it is REALLY heavy. With a full tank of gas, and about 4 quarts of oil, probably around 530-550lbs.
Or maybe you suck ?? Nahh .. Maybe you have a slippery clutch ?? As for stopppies get the tires hot first ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode