GSXR EFI issues - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-24-2000, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

Question

I've got a '98 GSXR750. I got a couple of questions about the fuel injection.

1) When I put my pipe on my bike, I had the dealer remap the EFI. What physically happens when he does this? I understand the whole ignition curve and fuel maps being changed and all that. I need to know if it's a software change or a hardware change. Does the mechanic make some changes to the box? The reason I ask is that I took the battery out of the bike for the winter and I'm wondering if that somehow cleared the new settings. Do I need to get the FI re-remapped?

2) I've heard complaints about how the off-on throttle transition on these bikes is pretty harsh, especially on the 98's because it was the first year they had the FI on them. I didn't really think it was much of a problem until I stepped the back tire out in the middle of turn 6 at Loudon. What can I do to remedy this problem?

Thanks.

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-25-2000, 03:49 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
i really don't know how your mechanic changes your box, so i have no idea. i think the pcii box and yosh boxes are fine when you disconnect the power.

but my question is are you going to be at loudon on the 30th? if so, i'll have an ugly as hell black fzr400, yellow plates. i'm out of region, but hope to be 725.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-25-2000, 04:19 AM Thread Starter

August 30 or Sept 30? I won't be there August 30, but I might be there Sept 30. Or I might go to the Caymans with my girlfriend .

Hey, I see you're from NE PA. Going to FUSA at Pocono this weekend? I'm meeting a bunch of guys in Jersey and we're heading over there. I got a blue/white 98 gixxer, NY tags, Yosh cf pipe. I'll be wearing a black/blue Kush Dragon jacket. Maybe I'll see you there.

------------------

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-25-2000, 11:18 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
loudon is sept 30 and oct 1. i can't go this coming weekend. i'll be flying down to alabama, i won't be home until late friday night.

i'm going to pocono sunday, but we may ride up tomorrow. i have bone stock 00 yel/blk gsxr 750, new pa plate, missing left front turn signal (hit and run), ratty black alpinestars hat and a kawi colored-gobert replica helmet.

i'll keep an eye for ya. the dragon kush jacket should be easy to spot, but you never know.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode