03-newer SV650S handlebar riser suggestions.....?? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

03-newer SV650S handlebar riser suggestions.....??

Hello,
Does anyone have any suggestions(web-site links appreciated) on handlebar risers that are made to fir the 2003-newer SV650S? I'm looking for suggestions as I think this is the bike my girlfriend would like to purchase and it should be a perfect fit....short of raising the handlebars and putting a rear suspension lowering kit(to achieve a lower seat height) on it.... I am also interested in hearing others suggestions on the rear suspension lowering kits, Please inform.

Thanks,
-John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-05-2006, 06:54 PM
jrm

I bought convertibars, which are adjustable risers. They work great, but have limited range (20mm +/-) unless you change brake lines, clutch cable and do odd things with the wires.

Spiegler carries the LSL top triple conversion, too. This replaces top triple and clipons with new top, clamps and standard bar. You will very likely need brake line and clutch cable for this conversion, too.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-05-2006, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info jrm, much appreciated.

-John

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 11:15 AM

Send a message via AIM to RCjohn
You can mount the OEM bars on top of the triple clams by dropping the forks the removing the bars, reinsert the forks with the protruding through the upper triple clamp. Then bolt the handlebars back on. It drops the front a little over an actually improves the handling a little for street riding. Probably not a technique you would use on the race track but I've ridden my ex-wife's SV with the bars done this way.

I forgot to add, my ex's bike is a regular model not the S model so clearance with the upper and windscreen on the S model could be an issue. I don't know though.

John

The sheep need love too but they lie.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by RCjohn
You can mount the OEM bars on top of the triple clams by dropping the forks the removing the bars, reinsert the forks with the protruding through the upper triple clamp. Then bolt the handlebars back on. It drops the front a little over an actually improves the handling a little for street riding. Probably not a technique you would use on the race track but I've ridden my ex-wife's SV with the bars done this way.

I forgot to add, my ex's bike is a regular model not the S model so clearance with the upper and windscreen on the S model could be an issue. I don't know though.
Thanks for the info John!
-John
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 11:54 AM

One of the reasons I have always suggested the normal SV-650 is that the handlebars are one piece & mounted on top of the f/fork yoke & so then you han change the handlebars to the rise you so wish.

The footrests are not up as high or as far back, but not extreme in the latter.

I noted this downfall of the S model & from '99 to '02 I was pointing this out with all ignoring me. So only say SV-650 & not t trying to point out the pros & cons.

Even a few chaps have machined out mounts that could be bolted on top of the yoke & so put on a regular set of bars & prior to that a chap use to machine top yokes for those wanting handlebars on top, being bettery for doing wheelies or on street fighters. Mind you that was back in the 80s so obviously I have noted the demand for said changes.

Remember all the others on the road are crazy & out to kill you.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Smitty
One of the reasons I have always suggested the normal SV-650 is that the handlebars are one piece & mounted on top of the f/fork yoke & so then you han change the handlebars to the rise you so wish.

The footrests are not up as high or as far back, but not extreme in the latter.

I noted this downfall of the S model & from '99 to '02 I was pointing this out with all ignoring me. So only say SV-650 & not t trying to point out the pros & cons.

Even a few chaps have machined out mounts that could be bolted on top of the yoke & so put on a regular set of bars & prior to that a chap use to machine top yokes for those wanting handlebars on top, being bettery for doing wheelies or on street fighters. Mind you that was back in the 80s so obviously I have noted the demand for said changes.
Thanks Smitty.

-John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode