2006 gsxr1000 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Banned

2006 gsxr1000

What do you guys think..i wanna hear the good and the bad...?? The only thing i dont like is the gay ass blinkers in teh mirrors...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2005-suz-gsxr1000-b-2.jpg (126.0 KB, 494 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 08:12 PM

Hey...it's a Gixxer....what could possibly be bad about it..????

O.K....maybe the turn signals, and the stock can...but...you can change those..

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Banned

yea..what would i do about the turn signals on the mirros..i thought that really made it look kind of...shitty... the exaughst isnt bad..i kinda like it.. its like a yoshimira shorty..

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 08:41 PM

Wut's up with that muffler? It looks dorky.

Fuster

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster, and treat those two imposters the same....you'll be a Man, my Son!"

- Rudyard Kipling
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by fuster
Wut's up with that muffler? It looks dorky.
I Like It Dude... I Think It Lookds Clean
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 06:06 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
I like the signals in the mirrors, but then I don't ride trackdays where the mirrors are removed. I agree with fuster on the exhaust, it looks like hammered dogshit if you ask me. I generally keep my bikes stock (or nearly so), but if I had one of these that exhaust would have to go. The rest of it looks pretty cookie-cutter to everything else the big four put out nowdays.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 08:19 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Yeai rode a 2005 636...it was pretty sweet...i know i could handle more..but im thinking...i might go with a gsxr750??
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by spicersh
I like the signals in the mirrors, but then I don't ride trackdays where the mirrors are removed. I agree with fuster on the exhaust, it looks like hammered dogshit if you ask me. I generally keep my bikes stock (or nearly so), but if I had one of these that exhaust would have to go. The rest of it looks pretty cookie-cutter to everything else the big four put out nowdays.
Right on.

I saw a picture of Yamaha's 50th anniversary R1. That bike is a little bit out of the cookie mold but it is a limited production (500) and probably real expensive.

Fuster

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster, and treat those two imposters the same....you'll be a Man, my Son!"

- Rudyard Kipling
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 05:55 AM

Are you sure that is a 600?

It look pretty much the same as the 1000

Sorry my bad I read the subject again and saw it is the 1000

Give a man a computer program and you give him a headache,
but teach him to program computers and you give him the power
to create headaches for others for the rest of his life... - R. B. Forest -
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 08:19 AM

HI Olson,

I've had a 2006 Gixxer 1000 for about one week now. It's a silver/black version. I don't have many good photos yet but here's couple I took in my garage right after I got it:

http://home.gci.net/~dougbrown/

I'm still breaking it in (have to keep it under 6500 rpm) but it still keeps up with traffic just fine

I appreciate that the can is strange but it sounds GREAT! I was so impressed and, personally, I'll never replace it. Actually, over time, the can grows on you... really.... you can trust me! It fairly quiet around 5K tooling around town and then it's quite loud over 5K... but not just "loud," it sounds "good."

I have the smallest, strangest complaint about the 2006, maybe earlier ones, too, I dunno. The kick stand is pretty minimal and it doesn't set forward enough so if you move the bike foward at all, it easy for the kick stand to pop back up into place. A friend sitting on the bike almost dropped it and I could see why as it happened right in front of me. Again, small complaint.

I have a 05 Ducati Monster, which is not a slow motorcycle, but the Gixxer is the most exhilerating one I've ever owned, and I've had a lot of fast motorcycles over the years. IMHO, it's every bit as good as the reviews say and the hype surrounding this motorcycle... even at a limit of 6500K, it's blindingly fast. Spectacular brakes and of course it handles as well (maybe better?) than my Ducati.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode