Whats up everyone! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 22
Whats up everyone!

Whats up everyone! I'm a newbie to the forum and I like it this site it has alot of info. and I have been getting new ideas for my sv.Just alittle about my self I'm a Cop in Waco,TX and I ride a Sv650s and I already started to mod my bike and I have a few things done to her.My sig should tell you what I did.Anyone that has a svs please shoot me a mod list I like getting all the ideas I can get.

Later
Daniel
1badsvs is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 04:26 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,798
Dan,
Welcome to SBW. My best friend lived in Waco about a year ago I used to visit all the time. There are some awsome roads in that area. It looks like your bike is very much modded out. Personally I recommend saving your cash for track school, it will bring you considerably more enjoyment, and it transfers from bike to bike.
I'm not saying this to be an ass, I spent $5k in carbon on my first sportbike, and that was my conclusion.



Vash is offline  
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally posted by Vash
Dan,
Welcome to SBW. My best friend lived in Waco about a year ago I used to visit all the time. There are some awsome roads in that area. It looks like your bike is very much modded out. Personally I recommend saving your cash for track school, it will bring you considerably more enjoyment, and it transfers from bike to bike.
I'm not saying this to be an ass, I spent $5k in carbon on my first sportbike, and that was my conclusion.

Its cool, alot of my friends say good things about bike schools. I will be taking one pretty soon,the more I know about my bike the better.Thanks for the advice.

Later
Daniel
1badsvs is offline  
 
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 06:57 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 39
I had a 03 sv650 before my sv1000 I would recomend some suspnsion mods either a GSXR1000 rear shock if your going on the cheap or a zx636 if your over 200lbs. Some new spring and 20wt fork oil allso will do wa world of good. If you haven't yet try this site www.svrider.com
chris81579 is offline  
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally posted by chris81579
I had a 03 sv650 before my sv1000 I would recomend some suspnsion mods either a GSXR1000 rear shock if your going on the cheap or a zx636 if your over 200lbs. Some new spring and 20wt fork oil allso will do wa world of good. If you haven't yet try this site www.svrider.com
A funny thing you said that I just ordered new springs for my bike.How big a differance do the springs make? Thanks for the advice.

Later
Daniel
1badsvs is offline  
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 09:45 PM
Moderator
 
Hammer 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Torrance,CA. USA 90504
Posts: 3,059
Springs, if ordered for your weight, will allow you to set the SAG properly, which will give you better handleing..did you happen to order the Revalve kits for the bike...meaning for the forks, and shock..? cuzz gettin them revalved makes for a Very nice ride..

As for mods..how bout some full fairings..?

By the way...welcome to the site...hope ya enjoy yourself...

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
Hammer 4 is offline  
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer 4
Springs, if ordered for your weight, will allow you to set the SAG properly, which will give you better handleing..did you happen to order the Revalve kits for the bike...meaning for the forks, and shock..? cuzz gettin them revalved makes for a Very nice ride..

As for mods..how bout some full fairings..?

By the way...welcome to the site...hope ya enjoy yourself...
Thats what I have,here is a pic before the flush mount blinkers and the lines(sorry the pics are not the best). And no I did not order the revalve kit.

Thanks
Daniel
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bike3.jpg (265.4 KB, 106 views)
1badsvs is offline  
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 04:13 PM
Moderator
 
Hammer 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Torrance,CA. USA 90504
Posts: 3,059
NICE.......

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
Hammer 4 is offline  
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer 4
NICE.......
Thanks I have spent alot of time and money to make my bike my own
1badsvs is offline  
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 03:09 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 39
I didn't do spring but i was about to i hear they make a realy big diference and just the springs and 20 wt fork oil and the most noticable mods you can do for the for racetech fork emulators are the next step. i just replaced the fork oil with 20 wt and that helped alot stock oil is 5 wt. I'm 205 lbs so the rear shock was more of a problem for me i had a 636 shock on mine and it was a realy big improvment. It was stiff and I had all the settings on full soft but I would rather it be to stiff than realy soft like the stock one. The stock suspension is meant for a 130lb rider.
chris81579 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome