Whats up everyone! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to 1badsvs
Whats up everyone!

Whats up everyone! I'm a newbie to the forum and I like it this site it has alot of info. and I have been getting new ideas for my sv.Just alittle about my self I'm a Cop in Waco,TX and I ride a Sv650s and I already started to mod my bike and I have a few things done to her.My sig should tell you what I did.Anyone that has a svs please shoot me a mod list I like getting all the ideas I can get.

Later
Daniel

04 Sv650S K&N,power commander USB with custom tune,Two brothers,Mod. air box,Full farings,custom chain guard&hugger,carbon fiber,finder eliminater kit,520 chain 1 down & 3up,Braided steel lines,sv gel seat,tail cover,flush blinkers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 03:26 PM

Dan,
Welcome to SBW. My best friend lived in Waco about a year ago I used to visit all the time. There are some awsome roads in that area. It looks like your bike is very much modded out. Personally I recommend saving your cash for track school, it will bring you considerably more enjoyment, and it transfers from bike to bike.
I'm not saying this to be an ass, I spent $5k in carbon on my first sportbike, and that was my conclusion.

-- Thats Just The Way I Roll

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are".
-—Theodore Roosevelt

"In war there is no substitute for victory."
---Douglas MacArthur, General

"Beware of those in whom the urge to punish is strong".
---Johann Wolfgang Goethe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Vash
Dan,
Welcome to SBW. My best friend lived in Waco about a year ago I used to visit all the time. There are some awsome roads in that area. It looks like your bike is very much modded out. Personally I recommend saving your cash for track school, it will bring you considerably more enjoyment, and it transfers from bike to bike.
I'm not saying this to be an ass, I spent $5k in carbon on my first sportbike, and that was my conclusion.

Its cool, alot of my friends say good things about bike schools. I will be taking one pretty soon,the more I know about my bike the better.Thanks for the advice.

Later
Daniel

04 Sv650S K&N,power commander USB with custom tune,Two brothers,Mod. air box,Full farings,custom chain guard&hugger,carbon fiber,finder eliminater kit,520 chain 1 down & 3up,Braided steel lines,sv gel seat,tail cover,flush blinkers

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 05:57 AM

I had a 03 sv650 before my sv1000 I would recomend some suspnsion mods either a GSXR1000 rear shock if your going on the cheap or a zx636 if your over 200lbs. Some new spring and 20wt fork oil allso will do wa world of good. If you haven't yet try this site www.svrider.com
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by chris81579
I had a 03 sv650 before my sv1000 I would recomend some suspnsion mods either a GSXR1000 rear shock if your going on the cheap or a zx636 if your over 200lbs. Some new spring and 20wt fork oil allso will do wa world of good. If you haven't yet try this site www.svrider.com
A funny thing you said that I just ordered new springs for my bike.How big a differance do the springs make? Thanks for the advice.

Later
Daniel

post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 08:45 PM

Springs, if ordered for your weight, will allow you to set the SAG properly, which will give you better handleing..did you happen to order the Revalve kits for the bike...meaning for the forks, and shock..? cuzz gettin them revalved makes for a Very nice ride..

As for mods..how bout some full fairings..?

By the way...welcome to the site...hope ya enjoy yourself...

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer 4
Springs, if ordered for your weight, will allow you to set the SAG properly, which will give you better handleing..did you happen to order the Revalve kits for the bike...meaning for the forks, and shock..? cuzz gettin them revalved makes for a Very nice ride..

As for mods..how bout some full fairings..?

By the way...welcome to the site...hope ya enjoy yourself...
Thats what I have,here is a pic before the flush mount blinkers and the lines(sorry the pics are not the best). And no I did not order the revalve kit.

Thanks
Daniel
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bike3.jpg (265.4 KB, 101 views)

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 03:13 PM

NICE.......

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer 4
NICE.......
Thanks I have spent alot of time and money to make my bike my own

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 02:09 PM

I didn't do spring but i was about to i hear they make a realy big diference and just the springs and 20 wt fork oil and the most noticable mods you can do for the for racetech fork emulators are the next step. i just replaced the fork oil with 20 wt and that helped alot stock oil is 5 wt. I'm 205 lbs so the rear shock was more of a problem for me i had a 636 shock on mine and it was a realy big improvment. It was stiff and I had all the settings on full soft but I would rather it be to stiff than realy soft like the stock one. The stock suspension is meant for a 130lb rider.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode