Noob looking for 03-05 gixxer 600 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Noob looking for 03-05 gixxer 600

Well, id like to start off by saying that im 17 and have a lot of offroad ATV and dirtbike racing and fun-having under my belt. I do realize that when riding a street bike on the road, every car will try what ever they can to kill you.

I rode my old buddies Gixxer 600 (2003) a while ago and I loved it but it didnt seem as fast as i thought it'd be, although, it was my FIRST TIME riding a bike. Right now, i all of the sudden want to get a bike. I just got rid of my souped up banshee and still have a 2001 Raptor. I live with my mom and im not having too much trouble convincing her even though she is one to be very overly cautious and i can very much see where she is coming from.

I wouldnt dare ride without gear. Im 5'11 and about 165lb's. Im looking for a 600cc bike but since the gixxer 600 was the first bike i rode, id like to get that one. The new SPORT BIKE MAGAZINE pitted all the top brand 600's against eachother and it looked like the gixxer 600 was "made more for the track" and the R6 was a better street bike. Can anyone help me out. Any help would be appreciated.

Many of you would probably not understand my need for a street bike at this point. I turn 18 in october. I cant stop thinking about one. I would like to dismiss the thought of buying a smaller/slower bike and getting used to it but i think im ready for a 600. I have been racing/riding quads and dirtbikes for 8 years now and i AM aware that it is totally different. The first thing im going to do is take a bike safety course (MSF??) if i know im going to get a bike.

Thanx in advance for any help and feel free to give me some tips on safety if needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 04:05 AM

ok....personally if I were going to go get a bike and read about the road test and saw that the gixxer 600 was more for the track(according to the tests) I would dismiss it as a concern, cause to me a sportbike is a sportbike and they can all be used just the same on the street..secondly as long as you dont go crazy with the 600 and TAKE YOUR TIME learning to ride it, I say you'll be fine. People all called me stupid a year and a half ago when I bought my first bike an '02 GSX-R 750...maybe I was...but I wasnt stupid and understood how dangerous it could be and took my time learning everything about it and what not...now im fine on it and i love it....so just take your time and youll be all set IMO

Edit: Oh yeah...and a gixxer 600 is plenty fast for a beginner

Last edited by Yosh750; 06-23-2005 at 07:16 AM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 09:57 AM

gixxer is an awsome bike

Heres my 2005 gixxer 600
http://www.dutterassoc.com/comps/gsxr600.asp

the only other 600 class bike thats better is the new Ninja 636 with the cheater motor.
If you want biger, look into the ZX-10 thats the next step up for myself.

I do not recommend the new gsxr-1000 to anybody, i have seen 3 documented/photographed cases where its frame is snapping behind the steering head. real bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode