Help me identify if my M4 is a slip on or full - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

Help me identify if my M4 is a slip on or full

I just bought a used (5000 mile) 2003 GSXR 1000, and I absolutely love it. About a year ago I sold my 2001 GSXR 750, when I bought a new S2000, but the car could not replace the bike, so I got back into it at the beginning of this year with a 1999 ZX-7r. The ZX-7 is a very nice bike, and a good way to get back into motorcycles, but it was no GSXR. I started shopping for new 750's, but ran into this 1000, and fell in love. It is silver, which looks O.K. in pictures but great in person, and it is loaded with all of the right toys, which brings me to my question:
The dealer who sold me the bike told me the exhaust was a full M4 system, but the salesman was not that knowledgeable (could not even recognize that the pipe was titanium), or honest. I'm trying to figure out wether it really is a full, or just one of the half systems. It is of the high mount, under the passenger peg variety, with a titanium midpipe. The header is clearly of the titanium variety, being a beautiful blue at the bends, but this could very well be stock. As I said, the whole system is titanium except the can, which is carbon. The system looks like it can be detached into two pieces, but the fit looks great, like the two pieces were made together, and it does not look cut. I am not familiar with the factory exhaust valve, but I can say that this does not look like there is any place for it. I need the expertise of someone who really knows this system, and can tell me what to look for. The rest of the bike is done up real nice, and it does have a PCIII, so it doesn't look like a hack job, but I can't really tell if this is the real deal. Any input from anyone who has had experience with the m4 exhausts for the 2003-2004 gsxr 1000 would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks a bunch, glad to be part of the board!

-Bob M.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Found M4's number today, found out how to tell. Suzuki's factory header is a bolt on, where as M4's are held on by springs.

Thanks!

Bob M.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode