Last year for the Kat ??? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-09-2005, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Last year for the Kat ???

The kat's long and reliable run in suzuki's stable of production bikes may soon be coming to an end. The SV has really taken on a big following and the new body style is definately sweet !

Ive heard rumors that they may stop production of the Kat for a year or 2,and then bring back a liquid cooled, fuel injected version.. specifically for the sport touring crowd that still follows the Kat now.

Anybody else heard this ?

Share the road or I'll make my own lane !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-10-2005, 06:46 AM

Hopefully. Time to put the absolute ugliest sportbike ever out of it's misery.

Weeeest Siiiiiiiiiiide!!!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-10-2005, 06:59 AM Thread Starter

Well arent u just a wray of freekin sunshine in the morning. And that comment, is strictly a matter of opinion and nothing else.

Share the road or I'll make my own lane !!!

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-10-2005, 06:00 PM

not everyone....

....can afford the finest and the Katana is the poor mans answer to sportbike fun! Not to mention the 600 makes an awesome entry level bike! The SV is a good platform though. Guess we'll see! After all, they said they were going to redesign the TL1000R also.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 07:53 PM

Talking LMAO!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Need4Speed750
Well arent u just a wray of freekin sunshine in the morning. And that comment, is strictly a matter of opinion and nothing else.
Well,he IS just living up to his "cute" little moniker after all!! LOL!!!
Besides up till 1997 they were good looking,after that they kinda got a different look to them that not everyone likes, and gained weight.
The Kat line has been around since 1982 and is one of Suzuki's best sellers,like it or not. (Was even 600 AMA SuperSport champ in 1988!!) Neener,neener!!! ;-)

JIM

You don't stop riding because you get old;You get old because you stop riding!!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-27-2005, 06:25 AM

Hummm

I think it will stick around, how long has the Ninja 250R and 500R been around?......if it is stilll making money, update the looks a little and start the process all over again!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 03:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to vdaily89 Send a message via Yahoo to vdaily89
I just bought an 05 600 a month ago as my first bike and love it. I realize a lot of people don't like the "kan-o-tuna" but I think it's a good looking bike. It also fits someone like me who just wants to ride and have fun, not worry about going 150mph or turning out the fastest lap. To each his own I guess.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vdaily89
I just bought an 05 600 a month ago as my first bike and love it. I realize a lot of people don't like the "kan-o-tuna" but I think it's a good looking bike. It also fits someone like me who just wants to ride and have fun, not worry about going 150mph or turning out the fastest lap. To each his own I guess.
It's a great bike. I had one and really liked it. I did hear they were discontinuing it at some point soon though.

Anyway, don't discount your Katana as a slouch, either. Still plenty fast enough to get you in trouble quick. It was the leading 600 sport bike back in 88 or so...it was considered a fast bike then, only reason not so much now is because how fast the new sport bikes are. Congrats, and take it easy!
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 06:28 PM

I don't know if you guys know this or not but the modern day Katana has the old GSXR engine in it! You are right that isn't a very "slouchy" engine! Of course you can not compare it to the modern engines of today....but none-the-less a good, sound motor!

Pridmore used to use the Kat as a training bike in his schools. He would lap other riders, two-up on the good'ole Katana....but then-again, we are talking about Jason Pridmore.......who does use the SV for his schools now.........maybe some truth to the death march of the Katana!?!?
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 07:21 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to thebigarc
My 1st bike was a 99 Katana 600. I loved that thing, but I was ready for an upgrade after 6months. Still it was nice. Perfect bike was a girl.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode