my brand new bike riding like crap - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

my brand new bike riding like crap

i have 3500 miles on my gsx r 600 which i bought last month, and its starting to not ride so good, for once between 5-7rpms it has no power no more, i can "floor" the thorttle and it won;t move and just rev until about 7100 then start to pull, second, sometimes when im stopping i hear a weird noice, its not very loud but i can sorta hear it, it kind of sounds like when your gargling your mouth with mouthwash. what is all this? spark plugs? i was thinking timing maybe?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 10:57 AM

Any recent mods, drops, crashes? If not, take it to the dealer, let them fix it.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 11:32 AM

Well according to your other thread in this forum you said that you were over-revving your bike during the break in period. Maybe you shouldn't have done that.

In either case take it to the dealership.

Oh and damn 3500 miles in less than a month is crazy!!

2004 Blue/White GSX-R600
1994 Pearl Yellow Stealth TT

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 11:13 PM

Thats cause you bought a Zuki...
Seriously though...
When Stealth2XTurbo says you over revved the engine during the break in does that me you redlined it or just went above the recommended rpm's?
If you redlined it too much thats where the problem came from either way if its new its the dealers problem.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

umm, i don;t know what stealth is talking about, i never said i over revved it in another thread, i had a perfect brek in a actually, never went over 6k the first 1200 miles like the dealer and the book says, actually i did;t even start gooing high into the rpm range until like 2500 miles, i did;t grow the ball suntil then

and as for the dealership thing their is one other thing i forgot to mention....i haven;t had my first service yet, i changed the oil at3000 but what happened was i actually got confused and thought the first service was at 3000 instead of 600, now im scared that if i take it to the dealer their gonna bitch at me and say i needed the service and that thats whats wrong with the bike

GSX-R 600 alstare
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TonyMontana
umm, i don;t know what stealth is talking about, i never said i over revved it in another thread, i had a perfect brek in a actually, never went over 6k the first 1200 miles like the dealer and the book says, actually i did;t even start gooing high into the rpm range until like 2500 miles, i did;t grow the ball suntil then

and as for the dealership thing their is one other thing i forgot to mention....i haven;t had my first service yet, i changed the oil at3000 but what happened was i actually got confused and thought the first service was at 3000 instead of 600, now im scared that if i take it to the dealer their gonna bitch at me and say i needed the service and that thats whats wrong with the bike
Dude..get that bike to the Dealer..and do it fast..the longer you wait...the worse it gets...you already have given them an excuse to VOID your Warranty.....And yes you do need to have the bike Serviced...there's other things that need to be checked besides having the oil changed...

Not to be a jerk, but didn't you READ your owners manual..????? If ya didn't, read it....from cover to cover.

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 11:01 PM

Quote:

Well that explains alot. Regardless of your preferred method of break-in changing your oil during the first few miles is imperative...I do mine at 20-50 with any new bike.
If you left it till 3000 odds are you have a fair amount of damage from all the metal bits floating around.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-10-2004, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

so basically i messed up my bike, voided the warranty, and am screwed, all in the first 4 weeks of owning my new bike?

nice

GSX-R 600 alstare
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-11-2004, 05:24 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Quote:
so basically i messed up my bike, voided the warranty, and am screwed, all in the first 4 weeks of owning my new bike?

nice
Like Hammer said, take it to the dealer and see what they say. Don't convince yourself that the warranty is voided until they say so. I saw a guy on here who changed his own oil and forgot to put the plug back in tight enough or something and managed to grenade his engine, yet he got a new one under warranty. I suspect the story the dealer got was not exactly the real story though, but it's still worth taking to the dealer and finding out for sure.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-11-2004, 01:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to mmmbarley Send a message via Yahoo to mmmbarley
how many times did I tell you to read the manual. in everyone of your posts asking questions about the break in. damn, didn't the dealer tell you about the "critical" 600 miles service. usually that is SOP for the before the key hand-over talk.

here's the link to your thread:

Your thread about break in

Here is what I said then.

READ THE MANUAL THAT CAME WITH YOUR BIKE!

under probably 6500rpm for 500 miles (Get service/oil change)

under probably 10500 for next 500 miles

make sure you don't just lock it in on one engine speed(like the maximum allowed) vary the engine speed alot. shift through the gears alot

stick with regular oil until you get over 5000 miles or so.

Complicity? Simplexity? Its simply too complicated for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode