GSXR1000 for the little rider.... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 07:21 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to xJADiEx Send a message via Yahoo to xJADiEx
GSXR1000 for the little rider....

alright.... so i know i haven't been riding for many years and im definitly not a pro. i was riding on a friends gsxr1000 and i really enjoyed it. on back and front. ^_~;; i know its a failry heavy bike and i was wondering if there is a way or chance that i can be able to ride it.... lowering it or carbon fiber the damn thing or whatever it may be.... im really thinkin bout a 1000 rather than the 600 or some Katana (not that theyre bad bikes.... theyre rad ).

im barely 5'3, a lil asian chick, and the largest bike i attempted to ride and did somewhat well in was a lowered & slightly tuned r6 i believe. eh~ im sure somebody else has posted this before.... i just cant seem to find that post as to what im lookin for so im postin it. WORD. any useful info or words of inspiration would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

-jadie

8 0 4 . 6 8 3 . 8 0 4 1
(Give me a GSXR!!) this lil asian shawty can get down with the get down once things go down.... ^_^;;
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 10:04 AM

You realize you are going to get advice not to get this bike as it will kill you with style? Anyway, I am no zuk expert but I believe the 1000 is not that heavy of a bike. Sport oriented bikes (the GSXR line) can eaisly weigh less than many other small displacement twins and similar "entry" type of bikes. My wife rides a gixsix and I ride a F4i. These are supposedly similar in weight but I promise her gix feels lighter to move around. Might look toward the six.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. H.S.Thompson
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 11:21 AM

gixer 1000

OMFG ur 5'3 ?? can ur feet even reach the ground? 375 pounds dry they say...either way thats alot of bike for somone ur size i would go with the gixer 600 or maybe even a 750...

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-31-2003, 07:37 AM

Re: gixer 1000

Quote:
Originally posted by Gixer_Wil
OMFG ur 5'3 ?? can ur feet even reach the ground? 375 pounds dry they say...either way thats alot of bike for somone ur size i would go with the gixer 600 or maybe even a 750...
They are all going to be around the same ride height and weight, so going to a smaller bike is not going to be a big difference. If you do not want to mess with the handling of the bike, your only real option would be getting the seat shave down a bit and that might give you an inch or a little more. If you lower it with dogbones and drop the forks a little, it will change the handling and clearance, but you can get it to fit your height. If you are not serious about the handling and riding the twisties, that would be a good option.

KNEE DOWN FINGER UP!!!!

That will buff out!!

Women are like parking spaces.....you get in...you get out....and you leave it behind you!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-05-2003, 02:04 AM

I stongly advise picking a different bike.

Steve Sallberg
Anderson, SC
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-05-2003, 03:17 AM

One wrong move on that bike may be your last...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2003, 02:24 PM

...you have got to be f*cking kidding me right?

Quote:
so i know i haven't been riding for many years and im definitly not a pro
Then you don't need a gixxar thou for the street. You would be better with a SV650S or a Gixxar 6.

At least that way you will be able to post here everyday.

Dan
2003 SV650S Silver
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
crash protectors, cotton reels, can cover
*Triumph Daytona 600 mirrors
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-11-2003, 08:05 AM

big bore

Dont be scared!! the truth be told if ur new then a smaller bike(600 or 750 gixer) would be ur best choice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode