Bandit ( 1200 ) v gsx 1400 v xjr 1300 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-26-2002, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Bandit ( 1200 ) v gsx 1400 v xjr 1300

Hi to everyone, It's been a long time since i posted a thread on this site as i've been working away for a while etc etc, Anyway i'm seriously thinking of changing my bike to one of the 3 mentioned above in the title. At present i ride a 97 blade which to be honest i still enjoy rideing, However im starting to grow out of the " superbike " thing now, I test rode a yamaha xjr 1300 today and well it did feel completley different more so than i thought it would. It was comfortable, quick ( ish ), and looked pretty good. The only complaint i had was it felt big and cumbersome, now i know what your all thinking that it would feel cumbersome compared to a blade but im told the bandit is a little more nimble and more fun generally to run around on. When got off the demo bike today ( xjr 1300 ) i was handed a leaflet on the new gsx 1400 which i have to say did look very nice, Does antone have one or any of the others mentioned and are you able to give any advice and help on choseing one of these bikes................

Many thanks in advance

Aaron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-26-2002, 08:17 PM

I had a Bandit. The seat absolutely sucks! If you get one, buy a Corbin to replace that rock so you'll avoid "bandit butt". That seat was the only serious problem I had with the bike's ergos. One other thing that annoyed me was the windscreen seemed direct the air into my head in a way that would create some helmet buffeting. This only bothered me on long rides though.

Don't know squat about the other two, I ain't ever seen 'em.

If I was looking at standard now, I'd go for the FZ1 or Fazer1000 I believe it's called on your side of the pond.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-26-2002, 09:23 PM

Thumbs up What about the zrx???

As a very happy ZRX rider I was surprised you did not mention this fine machine . In a very recent test in that prestigious brit publication, BIKE magazine, the z-rex was compared to the suzi1400 and xjr 1300. The kawasaki won the comparison fairly convincingly. It was the best handler, fastest and quickest, best handling and, in their not so humble opinion the best looking bike of the three. The other two bikes are perfectly good machines in their own right though. Personal preferences are hard to guage and you would`nt be wrong with any of these. As for the bandit it wasnt included as the 1400 is pretty much a better bike in every situation, unless you are on a budget and money is an issue. The faired version is really ugly.(why did they ever change it from the previous version which was way nicer)?. The other bike you might consider is the fazer 1000 which is more contemparary than my zrx, a little faster at the top end but not nearly as torquey and has none of the nostalgia that the big Kwacker offers. The US mags, Motorcyclist and Cycle World have done comparisions. Online you might want to check out the tests on www.motorcycledaily.com and a good comparo on http://canadianbiker.com which pitches the yam and the kwacker against each other . Hope this helps......Daithi .

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-26-2002, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guy's for your reply's, I'll have to have another think and possible some more test rides............. Thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode