V-Strom questions - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2002, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

V-Strom questions

Does anyone know of a V-Strom specific luggage setup?

What are the Horesepower and Torque numbers for this version of the TL engine, I have read 108 HP, 77 Torque?

Would synthetic oil be better protection after the 600 miles?

Thanks....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-03-2002, 08:33 PM

The Rider review says 91.7 rear wheel hp and 66.9 torque. The Suzuki/Givi bags should be available in a few weeks. Canada already has the centerstand and grips. Jesse Luggage www.jesseluggage.com currently has my bike and should have the prototype bags ready this weekend. He is also working on some other goodies for the bike.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2002, 11:09 AM

I use Mobil 1 15/50 in my BMW R-Bike. It is Factory fill for Porsche, Mercedes, Corvette, Viper, etc... The major benefit is that it doesn't lose its viscosity (retaining about 85%) between change intervals. It is better protection. There is some argument wether
it is worth the extra cost if you change your oil often. I leave Mobil 1 in for 5 or 6k.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2002, 05:27 PM

The Jesse Luggage is now available, The Givi and Suzuki/Givi versions should be shipping by the end of May, it is already available in Europe.

My bike is at 3,500 miles and I will be changing with Amsoil Motorcycle 10-40 Tuesday in preparation for my 5,000 mile coast to coast to coast run.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 12:35 AM

I wouldnt use syn in it after you run it in.If suzi has used the same clutch as the tl with the back torque limiter as it tends to make the clutch slip.They are a top motor though.

Maxis
Tls
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2002, 09:05 PM

Currently at 9,100 miles. Only complaint is the seat is not designed for long distance riding but then what stock seat is. Tires are lasting longer than I expected. Chain is not looking too bad but not as good as I would have expected. I can usually get 20,000 miles out of a chain but I doubt this one makes 15,000.

BTW, I completed an Iron Butt 100CCC ride last weekend. First Suzuki to do so. Only 36 riders have completed that ride as of December of 2001.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode