kids are being mean on the playground - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy kids are being mean on the playground

I am really getting tired of immature squids. The other night I was riding with my friends. They deciced to go out of town and I decided to stay. I saw a small group of bikes at a gas station so I puuled in. As soon as I got my helmet off they began ripping my bike apart saying sh#@ like "why dont you ride a real bike". It really pissed me off because I know I could probably out ride every one of them.

I know what my bike is and what it isnt. I have had it for almost a year and a half. It truley is all I need for my ridding style. I have the utmost respect for the "real bikes" but I guess I just dont need one.

If a guy rode up on your group on a Ninja 250r, wouldnt you just be gald to have another rider?

its not the size, but how you use it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 11:37 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
last summer i was hanging out with some guys and the one kid at an ex500. two tough guys start knocking on the ex and an old hurricane 600.

so i walked over to the one's zx9r. i put my fingers on the tire to measure his chicken stripe (god i hate that term). he gives me a dirty look i pointed to my gsx-r, he looked down at the tire.

i started walking over. they started leaving.

both the ex500 and hurricane had some guys who could ride, but weren't a situation where they could get a better bike.

next time it happens, tell them when you have a big @#$!, you don't need an r1.

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 02:23 AM
elo

Send a message via Yahoo to elo
Unhappy

There are two guys on Ninja 250's that ride with our group, and they both are excellent riders. We've got another guy on an EX 500 that I hear (I wasn't there) kicked the asses of some guys on "real" sportbikes this weekend. It's the rider, not the bike.

I'm sorry that has happened to you. It's bull*hit.

Erica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-Your one stop source for all things pocketbike!

-Official Website for the SouthWest Association of Pocketbikers

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 02:49 AM

Send a message via AIM to Hill-Billy
Lets get RED and go wip some @$$.

Thats right, the flag is comming back!

I’m not a complete idiot…some parts are missing…

If you are going to be dumb… you’d better be tuff…

Just wait until my 300th post…then they will take me serious!
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 04:02 AM

Re: kids are being mean on the playground

Quote:
Originally posted by lil' ninja

If a guy rode up on your group on a Ninja 250r, wouldnt you just be gald to have another rider?
Yes. A lot of posers are compensating for something, and the way they talked to you it just sounds like a whole lot of compensating.

You know what I hate it when people talk smack. If I did that and someone on a 250 smoked me I would crawl into a hole and die.

If you're in my neck of the woods I'll ride with you anytime .
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 04:12 AM

Running down someone elses bike is a very STUPID thing to do, mainly because if they out ride you, you have no excuse. If you beat them, BIG DEAL, you beat an inferior machine. This sport relies so much on rider skill and not the machine, any comments like that must come from very immature (and probably slow) riders.

In my 35 yrs in this sport, I have learned that the truly fast riders do nothing but encourage and help other riders regardless of the other riders skill level.

Anyone agree with that?

Once you try track, you never go back.
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 04:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to Kevlar7R Send a message via Yahoo to Kevlar7R
I ride a ninja 7R, but I'd want a 250 (not gonna buy one though, no money) just because a bike that light and small would be SOOOO much fun in someplace like Canyon (a very technical twisty road near phoenix)
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 04:32 AM
Dad

Quote:
Originally posted by desmo079
Running down someone elses bike is a very STUPID thing to do, mainly because if they out ride you, you have no excuse. If you beat them, BIG DEAL, you beat an inferior machine. This sport relies so much on rider skill and not the machine, any comments like that must come from very immature (and probably slow) riders.

In my 35 yrs in this sport, I have learned that the truly fast riders do nothing but encourage and help other riders regardless of the other riders skill level.

Anyone agree with that?
Yes

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 05:54 AM

Ditto...

Suzuki GSXR 600cc track bike. Penske shock, Ohlins steering dampner, Lindemann forks, Sharkskinz body work, Full Yoshimura RS-3 Titainium / carbon fiber exaust system, Yosh digital tach with built in temp gauge, Yosh clip-ons, WRM rearsets to name a few. Motor was built and tuned by G-force racing engines.
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 08:30 AM

Talking DAMMIT!!

Quote:
Originally posted by elo
There are two guys on Ninja 250's that ride with our group, and they both are excellent riders. We've got another guy on an EX 500 that I hear (I wasn't there) kicked the asses of some guys on "real" sportbikes this weekend. It's the rider, not the bike.

I'm sorry that has happened to you. It's bull*hit.
Why do you have to bring that up again....I'm trying to get over it still!! Just kidding!!

On the real serious side. I love to ride and want to ride with others who share the same feeling. I do prefer longer rides through different elevations where the displacement might matter, plus I tend to bring along a passenger sometimes. All in all, if you like the 250 and wanna ride, let's go. I'll never put someone down because of what they ride, but I will talk about how you ride......

P

The Gixxer, the last remaining tie to track days of lore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode