2001 TL1000S Dyno? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-10-2001, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

2001 TL1000S Dyno?

I was just wondering if anyone knew the average hp a tls is putting out at the rear wheel. My buddy just had his 2k1 TL1000S dynoed at 105hp at the rear wheel and he thinks the machine is wrong. Two days previous i had my ZX-9 Dynoed on the same machine at 135hp at the rear wheel. he thinks his tls should be around 112 to 114 in stock form, b/c he wants to to get it over 130 with a bunch of mods. If anyone has any input to clarify a typical tls dyno I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Motocross is KEY!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-10-2001, 02:12 PM
Resident Smartass

I would expect more like 110-115. Is the TL totally stock? Low miles? (may not be "run in" yet). Your piped 9 is right where it should be at 135.

Suck mean people!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-10-2001, 04:12 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to suzmcman
My TLS stock was in the 115HP range and with a pipe, K&N filter, and a speed tune, a dial to trick the bike into thinking it was colder then what it was to put more fuel to it (adjust on the fly) I was able to get it to the 120HP range. Don't forget the ram air system should also give you about 5-10HP added to your dyno run. To me 105HP seems a bit low but the dyno set-up could be part of it and the bike could be part of it. When you figure your only 10HP off of what mine was I don't think that is to bad. Try to find another dyno so you have something to see if it is the bike or the dyno. By the way I sold my TLS and bought my Busa in 2000 and the TLS was a green 98.

Todd
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Upper Sandusky, Ohio

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-11-2001, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

My buddies bike (the TLS) just hit a 1000 miles and I kind of think he hasn't run it too hard yet. So I bet you are probably right that it isn't run in yet. Thanks for your replies.

By the way how much more do you think I would get out of my ZX-9 if I put a K+N Filter and jet kit on it? Provided it will be tuned to optimal output with the free use of a dyno.

Motocross is KEY!!!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2001, 01:12 AM
Pete

Javelin, maybe this applies to the 2001 TLS, maybe not, but Motorcycle.com had this to say when comparing the '97 TLS to the '98 TLS:

"This year (98), they de-tuned the motor as well: The EFI map was reprogrammed to calm down low-end throttle response. We measured only 108 hp compared to 114 hp for last year pre-production unit."
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-14-2001, 05:47 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
i gained about 6 hp on my gsx-r750 just by running it in.

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-14-2001, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by FZR400Tony
i gained about 6 hp on my gsx-r750 just by running it in.
To what..???

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2002, 03:07 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer 4

To what..???
LOL Hammer!!!!

JIM

You don't stop riding because you get old;You get old because you stop riding!!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2002, 06:06 PM

Wink Dyno results....

When I did my dyno run(about 3 weeks ago) I was having issues with my Nitrous setup....apparently my bike was running on one cylinder after 9,000 rpm's......When it went on the dyno something happened and all returned to normal. My peak hp was at 138.9 hp to the rear wheel. That was without nitrous because I never had it dynoed with my mods....Which are: Full yoshimura rs-3 titanium exhaust system, K&N cone filters(removed Airbox) Dymag wheels, ohlins suspension and steering damper,ported and polished stock heads and zymol wax

With bigger Nitrous jets to come!!

"It's time to kick names and take a$$" -Byslexic Dastard
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-2002, 08:40 AM

Talking

105 is probably about right. Most mags put the recent TLS at 106hp. That's down a few on the earlier models. I have a 97 TLS with slip-ons and a K&N and it does 114. You can probably get a little more with a Dynojet FI remap. Also, I think a full system will pull a couple more HPs than slip-ons, given that the stock pipe is crimped down pretty tight to clear the chain on the left pipe.

Honestly, to me it's not the absolute amount of the HP, it's the sound and delivery of the v-twin that gets me every time I twist the throttle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode