Yesterday Kawasaki.. Today Suzuki - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2001, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to blackkaw
Question Yesterday Kawasaki.. Today Suzuki

Any GSX-R750 or 1000 owners out there who previously owned a zx6r or 9r . what was the first thing you noticed about it over the kawasaki ..thinking of trading in for 750 maybe 1000. need some first hand info. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-25-2001, 10:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to MFFJM2
Not exactly what you requested, but I went from a Kawasaki
ZX-11 Ninja to a Suzuki Hayabusa. Both companies make quality motorcycles, to be sure. I found that the Suzuki pulls harder in all gears than the Kawi, and has a much smoother transmission. The Kawi had a more comfortable seating position for long rides, but the Suzuki handles the twisties better. I would suggest you go and sit on both bikes and get accustomed to how they feel. The Suzuki has higher ground clearance than the Kawi had, but I never would have noticed unless someone pointed it out to me. Enjoy whatever you get and ride within your ability...have fun.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-26-2001, 05:03 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
the biggest thing i've noticed about suzuki's in general from kawi's is the trans. the zuki box is so much smoother. sorry, i've never owned a zx9 or 6.

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-11-2001, 03:49 PM

Look away from the light, stay with the Kawi. You will go to more performance, and a really leaned over uncomfortable riding position. Besides what more can you use on the street than what a 9 has to offer. I realize Suzuki is at the head of the street bike biz, and they are awesome. BUT, keep this in mind, I heard from a Kawi Rep that the 9 will be no more as of 2003, and a completely redesigned fuel injected 1000 will be in its place. That's just what I heard this past fall as to the reason why the zx9 is so similar to last year in lot of ways, b/c the development of the new bike won't be ready until 2003. not trying to sway you one way or the other, just giving some possible info.

Motocross is KEY!!!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2001, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by javelinmxer
Look away from the light, stay with the Kawi. You will go to more performance, and a really leaned over uncomfortable riding position. Besides what more can you use on the street than what a 9 has to offer. I realize Suzuki is at the head of the street bike biz, and they are awesome. BUT, keep this in mind, I heard from a Kawi Rep that the 9 will be no more as of 2003, and a completely redesigned fuel injected 1000 will be in its place. That's just what I heard this past fall as to the reason why the zx9 is so similar to last year in lot of ways, b/c the development of the new bike won't be ready until 2003. not trying to sway you one way or the other, just giving some possible info.

I hope thats true about kawi making a fuel injected 1000, they've been really slack for the last four years or so. I dont know if its because there just looking for a different markert than the rest of the manufactors or what but they seem to have been gearing more toward the comfortable easy rider sportbikers. Im not saying that the zx-9 is light years behind or anything but it seems that the other manufactors have made more of an effort to match each other every other year.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2001, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to blackkaw
IM stickin with the 9 .for at least 2 more years. then it will be paid off and I'll get another bike.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-2001, 10:02 AM

Send a message via AIM to shannon
Quote:
Originally posted by Gixxerdude

I hope thats true about kawi making a fuel injected 1000, they've been really slack for the last four years or so. I dont know if its because there just looking for a different markert than the rest of the manufactors or what but they seem to have been gearing more toward the comfortable easy rider sportbikers. Im not saying that the zx-9 is light years behind or anything but it seems that the other manufactors have made more of an effort to match each other every other year.

Don't fix it if it aint broke. I got my 9 because of sitting position because of a fuced up back. I raced a 1000 roll on and from a stop and beat it both times (up to about 130 or so) Im sure he would have pulled off after that but still.

AFAM and K&N stickers added for more ponie power
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-2001, 02:46 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by shannon

Don't fix it if it aint broke. I got my 9 because of sitting position because of a fuced up back. I raced a 1000 roll on and from a stop and beat it both times (up to about 130 or so) Im sure he would have pulled off after that but still.
[/QUOTEY

You either must be a very skilled rider or that guy just sucked ass. I ride with a guy with a 2000 9 and I pull away from him everytime. The gixxer is up around 20 hp from the 9.

Last edited by Gixxerdude; 12-17-2001 at 02:49 AM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-2001, 03:08 AM

Send a message via AIM to shannon
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gixxerdude
Quote:
Originally posted by shannon

[/QUOTEY

You either must be a very skilled rider or that guy just sucked ass. I ride with a guy with a 2000 9 and I pull away from him everytime. The gixxer is up around 20 hp from the 9.

There's not much skill involved in a roll-on, but I guess that goes to show that every bike is different. I've had no problems with anything though, but like a busa or 12. R1's are a joke almost as bad as 929's. I guess mine is just special, and all I have done to it is -1 tooth in the frt sprocket.

AFAM and K&N stickers added for more ponie power
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode