hayabusa owners - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2001, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

hayabusa owners

looking at getting one but have a couple questions.
ive seen some with a rear seat is this a stock option or something u have to get extra?
how is the hadling on one?
whats the usual time of riding before it gets unbearable?
i have a 1992 fzr ui got knew in 1992 and i know they are one of the worst when it comes to comfort
just looking at them now. and before anyone start about newby stuff i've been riding motorcycles since 1991. want to get a litter bike but not to sure if its going to be a sportbike or cruiser yet. thanks for any imput u can give me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2001, 04:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to shannon
Re: hayabusa owners

Quote:
Originally posted by bs7206
ive seen some with a rear seat is this a stock option or something u have to get extra?
i have a 1992 fzr ui got knew in 1992 and i know they are one of the worst when it comes to comfort
just looking at them now. and before anyone start about newby stuff i've been riding motorcycles since 1991. want to get a litter bike but not to sure if its going to be a sportbike or cruiser yet. thanks for any imput u can give me.
Whats up FL, I just left Crestview. Handling is about the same on my old zx-11. Not really made for super twisties, but you can definetly lean it pretty good. The bike has evil pwr, I rode one with a jet kit dual, slip-ons and for some reason the guy dropped a tooth in th front, and added 2 in the rear, it was also lowered, the fairing might have been 2 inches off the ground. pwr wheelies through 4 gear. Pretty comfortable riding, not as good as my zx-9 but close. Another guy there has a turbo busa, didn't even want to touch that one. Food for thought, Forte cycle has an unrestricted 2000 zx-12 that are faster. He wants like 10500 for it out the door I believe,you should ck it out. And it's very comfortable. 862-6815
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2001, 04:25 PM

Ask for steve and tell him Shannon told you to call. If your military he'll be extra nice, he's an retired master.
Shannon

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2001, 04:27 PM

The guys that have these almost always ride with us at the sonic across from the mall, everyone shows up at about 1045 or so in the am.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2001, 04:31 PM

Also if you are going to finance, most if not all banks require you to come up with 10% down on your loan. He has a way to bypass that, just ask. Also kawi's when you fianance through them don't require you to have insurance. Thats a big plus or minus depending all on you.
Hope I helped some
I miss Florida if you can't tell
Shannon
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2001, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shannon muse
The guys that have these almost always ride with us at the sonic across from the mall, everyone shows up at about 1045 or so in the am.
On sunday mornings that is
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-28-2001, 01:58 AM Thread Starter

ive heard about meeting down at sonics. a friend of my use to hang around there.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-28-2001, 02:35 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to suzmcman
The rear seat and grab rail are stock and the first thing I removed from the bike. The lines are better with the solo seat cover. The bike handles real well for the size and weight but it dose not like tight corners. A 1/4 mile is its favorite place unless you live in Utah and have access to the flats. As far as long distance riding this is a great bike. I have not yet had a problem with it with eight hours rides with a average of 45 miles per gallon at a cruising speed of around 80mph.

Todd
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Upper Sandusky, Ohio
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-28-2001, 02:40 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to suzmcman
Here is a picture of my ride. Its a 2000 Busa and yes the picture was in Fl during my yearly Daytona trip. The photo was taken just south of Titusville.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dcp_0281 (1).jpg (49.1 KB, 195 views)

Todd
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Upper Sandusky, Ohio
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-28-2001, 06:13 AM

Re: hayabusa owners

Quote:
Originally posted by bs7206
Is there a reason in particular your after such a huge jump from you'r current bike ?? Have you ridden a Busa ?? there not for the faint hearted

I refuse to go through life carefully only to arrive at death safely

Aaron Pritchard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode