After a 2 day wait, NOS is finally installed!!!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2001, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up After a 2 day wait, NOS is finally installed!!!!

I was supposed to have it done Friday, but it took until today(Saturday) to get it done. Believe me a 25 shot is not enough, those are the size of the jets I have on it now, but I will soon be going to a 50 or 75 shot soon. I went on the highway with 2 guys that I work with one in a 1980 corvette and the other on a 2002 gsxr 600.....I went from 90 to an indicated 160 in almost no time, I love this sh*t....anyways, I will get some actual times Friday when I go out to the track....It can only go up from here!!!

"It's time to kick names and take a$$" -Byslexic Dastard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2001, 08:55 PM

I really don't have any clue to using NOS on bikes, but I have a couple of questions. I currently have a 01 GSX-R750. How much is the system & would this hurt my bike in anyway? Is refilling the bottles expensive & frequent. Any other info. would be greatly aprreciated.

Life is short!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-28-2001, 03:08 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to suzmcman
NOS will not hurt your bike if done correctly. Get a good kit and if you have any questions ask the company that produced it or have it put on for you. As far as refilling the bottles it depends on how often and how much you use the NOS. What SZKITL1000R is doing is a shot of NOS with a push of a button which uses only a small amout of NOS. Of course this depends on how long you hold the button. The system I use is a progressive NOS system which is computer controled. This system used for drag racing allows you to program how hard, how long, and how much HP you want to use. Starting with a 100hp jets at the drags I was topping of the bottle after about five-ten trips down the 1/4 to keep the pressure in a range so I could tune the bike and set the computer up using more NOS. In my GSXR I can run up to 300HP just in NOS if the track could hold it but if you are going for a consistent run on a non-wheelie bar bike you are best off with 100HP or less. This is putting me into the mid 8 second range on my dinosaur 87 GSXR1109 street/strip bike.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dcp_0311 (2).jpg (58.3 KB, 297 views)

Todd
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Upper Sandusky, Ohio

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-28-2001, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

NOS Kit

Quote:
Originally posted by Maxima
I really don't have any clue to using NOS on bikes, but I have a couple of questions. I currently have a 01 GSX-R750. How much is the system & would this hurt my bike in anyway? Is refilling the bottles expensive & frequent. Any other info. would be greatly aprreciated.
Well I got the kit from NOS and it ran me around 650(all new sh*t), Then to install completely hidden was around 200 bucks. They ended up pinching my throttle cable the first night I went to the track with it so I was hitting a brick wall at 8000 rpms....I started out with a 25 shot just to get used to the extra oomph....Next week my NOS controller which is around 500 big ones comes in and I will be shooting a 75 shot of nos over a wide range of gears. Expect to pay around a grand for everything and then some for all the little things....I payed more because of the fact I didn't want the bottle hanging of the swingarm. Right now it is mounted under the cowl, completely hidden. It's nice to see certain people think the TL is just a fat heavy pig until I hit the button and leave like a bat outta hell! Hopefully I helped some, sorry to ramble on, you shoulda heard me on LAbusas site after the track throttle cable incident!!!

"It's time to kick names and take a$$" -Byslexic Dastard
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-04-2001, 05:26 AM

I had a friend who had NOS fitted to his V Max, It cost him around 1000 to buy but it cost him around 1200 to have the engine rebuilt after he completley destroyed a cylinder by holding the button too long, Now he wishes he had'nt bothered !!!!!

I refuse to go through life carefully only to arrive at death safely

Aaron Pritchard
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-24-2001, 12:26 AM

Beware!

Beware of getting greedy with the jetting on a TLR, there cranks have a tendancy to break and crack under higher HP loads. Like anything, you put more power to it it will wear out sooner. A properly installed and used Nitrous kit won't hurt anything , but the problem is once you get a little then you want more and thats how people hurt parts!!! It's very easy to use and addictive!!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-24-2001, 12:54 AM

NOS..ahh memories.

I put a 50 shot on a 900RR for a guy about 3 years ago. Three days later, he came back to the shop, and PAYED me to take it back out.. Scared him s**tless when he hit it at WOT in 3rd and the triple clamp almost cracked his faceshield....

Keep it safe, rubber side down.

Follow me or get the hell outta' the way.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-24-2001, 04:33 AM

Re: NOS..ahh memories.

Quote:
Originally posted by markpierro
Scared him s**tless when he hit it at WOT in 3rd and the triple clamp almost cracked his faceshield....
ROTMFFLMGDAO

Repeal helmet laws, they only protect people we most likely don't need in the gene pool any way!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-24-2001, 04:36 AM

Still ROTMFFLMGDAO

Started crying too.

What a mental picture, guy walks in, chin bar smashed, "uh, coof ub thake da nithrous bath ofth'a my bife"

Repeal helmet laws, they only protect people we most likely don't need in the gene pool any way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode