What exhaust are you using on your GSXR 1000? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-14-2001, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Talking What exhaust are you using on your GSXR 1000?

Just decided to add an exhaust to my 2k1 GSXR 1000. I previously had a 97 GSXR 750 with a Hindle High Pipe, and LOVED it. I kind of had my eye on a titanium pipe though.

Do the titaniums get that purplish blue color over time from use, or do they come that way from the factory?

Been thinking about a MIG High Pipe Slip on..anyone got info on these? How much, where to get them, how long does it take....

Some feedback would be greatly appreciated!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-14-2001, 04:08 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to suzmcman
A guy I know is putting a slip-on on his 1000 and stated that he has heared that if you do any more then that you will kill your bottom end and hurt the mid range some. I don't remember what pipe he is using but you might want to check on this if you are thinking of a full exhaust.

PS. Your header I believe is titanium

Todd
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Upper Sandusky, Ohio

Last edited by suzmcman; 10-14-2001 at 04:11 PM.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2001, 11:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to ungwaha Send a message via Yahoo to ungwaha
my pipe

I have a TiForce high pipe that is all Ti and it turned that cool blue after hard use . It does hve a little less bottom end but its makes it easier to ride now that the front wheel doesn't go skyward with a little bit of throttle. I added a BMC filter and I have to reprogram my FI again to compensate for the freer flowing intake. All in all I love the way the bike sounds and responds to twisting of the wrist..

Well that's my $.02

I don't have anything witty to say

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2001, 01:43 AM Thread Starter

Where did you get the TiForce and do you have a picture of it on your bike?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2001, 03:49 AM
Pete

www.eurobikes.com has Mig pipes.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2001, 04:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to ungwaha Send a message via Yahoo to ungwaha
re: TiForce pipe

Quote:
Originally posted by gixxer1k
Where did you get the TiForce and do you have a picture of it on your bike?
I'll try to post the website for them....www.Tiforce.com

I don't have anything witty to say
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-23-2002, 10:02 AM

YOU CANT GO WRONG WITH YOSH.

I'M CURRENTLY RIDING MY THIRD GIXXER THIS ONE IS A 2002 1000 RED+SILVER. bEFORE I BOUGHT NEW EXHAUST SYSTEM FOR THIS ONE I DID SOME HOMEWORK AND ALL MY INFO LEAD ME TO GO WITH NEW YOSH SYSTEM. I WENT WITH Ti. SYSTEM RUNNING ABOUT 1400$ AND A DYNO JET POWER COMMANDER I THEN REDYNOED MY BIKE AND WAS MORE THEN THRIILED TO SEE I HAD GAINED 13 HORSEPOWER. YOSH DOES ALOT OF WORK TO MAKE SURE TO KEEP UPWITH NEW FUEL INJECTED SYSTEMS AND IT SHOWS. JUST MY LITTLE PIECE OF MIND.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-23-2002, 11:58 AM

Re: What exhaust are you using on your GSXR 1000?

Quote:
Originally posted by gixxer1k
Do the titaniums get that purplish blue color over time from use, or do they come that way from the factory?
Doesn't look like the V&H S4 Titanium will discolor, and the can actually stays pretty cool to the touch. I'm guessing maybe it's due to the insulation since they use packing instead of mechanical baffles?
'Course, they're just not 'spensive enough or trendy enough to be cool if that sort of thing bothers you!
Cheap basta...er, frugal individual that I am, I was just looking for a quality slip-on (don't want the hassle/expense of trying to fix what a full system might screw up) that sounded good. The fact that it looks better/weighs less than the factory can is just icing on the cake.
I really like the oval shape vs. the round, and really like the looks of the machined end cap. 'Course, I see one of the 'hot ticket' makers has now copied it, so now maybe everyone will 'discover' it?

All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by.
'Course, if there's a hot tub at the end of a long day in the saddle, who am I to complain?
Concours Owners Group
AMA Life Member
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-24-2002, 01:40 AM

Moriwaki!!

I went with this pipe

Love the sound, but it's not matching the new color scheme so it's for sale. See the classifieds.

Plenty of power increase no loss on mid range at all.

P

The Gixxer, the last remaining tie to track days of lore.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-17-2002, 06:29 AM

In response to this quote:

Quote:
Originally posted by suzmcman
A guy I know is putting a slip-on on his 1000 and stated that he has heared that if you do any more then that you will kill your bottom end and hurt the mid range some. I don't remember what pipe he is using but you might want to check on this if you are thinking of a full exhaust.

PS. Your header I believe is titanium
This is a frequently heard rumour which circulates around, pertaining to liter bikes with the special exhaust valve systems designed for more low-end torque. Specifically, this exact same rumour circulates around the YZF-R1 with its EXUP system, the CBR929RR with its HTEV system, and the Suzuki with its EXUP-cloned valve system. The gist is this: these special valve systems alter the exhaust flow and air pressure depending on what rpm you are at, and are designed to get you more low-end torque, then at high rpm they open-up and get out of the way for the engine to run at high intensity. The story we hear is this: if you replace any other part of the exhaust system except for the muffler, you'll be removing the EXUP-style system, and therefore getting rid of your low-end torque advantage. Well, it makes sense logically, and that's why we hear the story all the time. But on the other hand, I hear people say the best thing you can do is totally get rid of the system, it is more of a nanny to keep the power buildup more linear. If you go to www.hardracing.com for example, you can see their special article they have there about the HTEV system on the CBR929RR. When they rip the whole stock exhaust system out and put a full system in, they have huge horsepower and torque gains everywhere, across the board. The horsepower gains on the 929RR were something like 14 ponies, which is rather impressive, and comparable to what the other guy said in this thread with the GSX-R1000 and the full Yosh system, that he gained 13 ponies. Myself, I don't have any direct experience to corroborate any of this, but I have seen the dyno printouts which, if true, confirm it, that the best thing you can do is rip the shyt out and put a full system in, and you will gain power and torque across the board.

Hope this info helps,
Later --

Death Cannon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode