Tls Stock cans vers Yoshi rs3 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-03-2001, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

Question Tls Stock cans vers Yoshi rs3

Just had a stack on the tl ............... sh_t.Was a cnr near home i do all the time,so i go hookin in and the next thing i know the rear wheel is over taking the front well the rest is history.

Anyway the budget is getting pushed to the limit in repairs.Does anyone know the power differance between stock and rs3 yosh?
The shop wants $650 for a yoshi! So i was thinking of going back to stock but will have to remap it to suit and dont want to do that if the power lose will be big.

Thanks
Cyas

Buy treaded knee sliders,they give better grip in the wet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2001, 05:14 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
if it's the right side, you can find a gsxr can for that side. they say they fit. don't quote me on that.

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2001, 08:50 AM
elo

Send a message via Yahoo to elo
Maxis, I'm really sorry to hear that. I am glad that you are okay though.

I'll get back to you about the Yoshis on a TL. I do think you'd notice a difference, but I'll cross-reference someone more knowledgable and get back to you.

Still working on that suspension question too...

Erica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-Your one stop source for all things pocketbike!

-Official Website for the SouthWest Association of Pocketbikers

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2001, 03:22 AM
elo

Okay, I asked my husband this weekend about his TL. He put the Yosh slip ons on and had the thing re-mapped. He said that the cans made a 5-6 hp difference, one that he noticed right away.

As for that suspension question, he doesn't remember what he did to it, other than setting it for his own weight. Sorry on that one.

Erica

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2001, 03:42 AM

Dude, I have actually read up on the whole stock vs. aftermarket exhaust delima. The one thing that I found that kinda shocked me is this: Yes, the Yosh pipes will make a difference, I think most aftermarket pipes whether fulls or slip-ons will increase power at least a little. Now the cool thing......Two Brothers actually make exhaust that were made with the TL in mind.....go to there web site and check'em out!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2001, 03:44 AM

Okay, so my post was full of grammatical errors and spelling fupa's........the Two Brothers site is still worth checking out! Good luck!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2001, 02:06 PM

Thumbs up Re: Tls Stock cans vers Yoshi rs3

Quote:
Originally posted by Maxis
Just had a stack on the tl ............... sh_t.Was a cnr near home i do all the time,so i go hookin in and the next thing i know the rear wheel is over taking the front well the rest is history.

Anyway the budget is getting pushed to the limit in repairs.Does anyone know the power differance between stock and rs3 yosh?
The shop wants $650 for a yoshi! So i was thinking of going back to stock but will have to remap it to suit and dont want to do that if the power lose will be big.

Thanks
Cyas
Maxis.....sorry about the crashglad you are okay.
I think I would go with out food for a week or so and save the money to pay for the slip-ons.
The sound,power,weight savings and looks are worth it!!IMHO!!

JIM

You don't stop riding because you get old;You get old because you stop riding!!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2001, 03:13 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to suzmcman
I had a 1997 green TLS and a Yosh slip-on and a full M4 system during the time I had the bike. Both had good sound to them with the M4 being a little on the loud side. I also have a friend with a dyno so the bike was on it all the time playing when he was not using it. From stock to the Yosh slip-on I only got 1 hp. From stock to the M4 full system I got 2 hp. With the bike re-mapped with the M4 full system on I got between 8-10 hp but it took some dyno time to get to the 10 hp range and when I mean time I was I the dyno with my computer hooked up for about two hours when you take away all the cool down time in between runs. So what I'am trying to say is yes it is worth it if you have the time and the money to get it tuned in with a full exhaust system. And yes this was the first bike I re-maped. Someone that knows what they are doing could do it faster but I would rather do it myself so I know what I have going on. My next project will be my 2000 Busa when I get the time.

Todd
Upper Sandusky, Ohio
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-09-2001, 03:02 AM
elo

Quote:
Originally posted by endleswavz
Okay, so my post was full of grammatical errors and spelling fupa's........the Two Brothers site is still worth checking out! Good luck!
FYI:

Two Brothers slip-ons are terrible. Hubby bought them for his TL, and they literally rattled apart within 2000 miles. The rivets all loosened to the point where the cans were about to fall off, and no amount of welding would keep the damn things on. And when he went to get a refund or a replacement, Two Brothers told him that it was somehow his fault the cans fell apart.

I wouldn't recommend that brand to anyone.

Erica

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-10-2001, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Talking

Thanks all for the help
After taking the damaged yoshi can to 3 differnt welding shops i have found one that can fix it!!!!!!! for $130.
Just hope it comes out ok.

With any luck will be riding by the weekend.

Cyas

Buy treaded knee sliders,they give better grip in the wet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode