'Busa rider/Nancy-boy? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

'Busa rider/Nancy-boy?

On my way home today, I was doing 90 or so on the interstate with little traffic and came up behind what looked like a sportbike. The guy was wearing a backpack. As I got closer, I could see two very large mufflers. I thought to myself, "Hmm. Looks like a big one." I then saw his left foot twitch, as he shifted down, so I went down two gears on my old VF1000R and nailed it.

I put slip-ons on it a few weeks ago, so it's a little loudish, and did an airbox mod, otherwise it's stock. The guy gassed it, and I was waiting for him to flash by me just like the other guy on the Hayabusa did when I rode with one this summer.

But a couple of seconds later I checked my mirror and he was SLOWING DOWN! What was wrong with this guy, I asked myself. Here are four possible reasons I came up with:

1. It's a brand new bike, not broken in and he didn't want to rev it. It didn't have a temporary tag on it, and he could've dusted me without even getting above the break-in revs. Hmmm.

2. He was so positive he could smoke me that he didn't want to waste the gas. I don't know if that's possible in a male who still has testosterone racing through his system. If he were a eunich, why would he have a 'Busa in the first place?

3. My loud pipes buffaloed him into thinking that I had a highly modified ride, and he didn't want to take the chance of being humiliated. If he knew anything about bikes, he'd know that the only VF1000R that could ever beat him (maybe) would be one of the original factory race bikes.

4. He was a nancy-boy.

What do you think?

BTW, I ran it up to an indicated 145 before I shut it down. So fun it can't be legal. (Yes, I know that is no great feat for you 'Busa riders, but it's fun for a measly '80s ride.)

Motorcycles are cheaper than therapy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 07:16 PM
Resident Smartass

Maybe he had a radar detector that was going off and figured he'd let YOU go to jail.

Suck mean people!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Tristan
Maybe he had a radar detector that was going off and figured he'd let YOU go to jail.
I have a radar detector, and I don't want to go to jail. I guess we should all just ride our sportbikes well within the law so as to not risk getting caught doing anything wrong.

'Course there's all that fun that won't be had, but we'll feel all better about it since we're all politically correct.

Right.

Motorcycles are cheaper than therapy.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-09-2001, 02:35 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to suzmcman
I think he just waiting for a real race. Hehe.
When you have one of the bad boys everyone wants to race and its kind of nice to know you can just cruise along while everyone else is sitting there and saying damn thats a hell of a machine.

Todd
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Upper Sandusky, Ohio
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-09-2001, 03:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to shannon
probably didn't want to blow by you and give an old guy like yourself a heart-attack.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-09-2001, 05:20 PM

Thumbs down

Maybe he just didnt give F__K.

Griff
2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-10-2001, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Griff
Word.

It doesn't have to be fun to be "fun".
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-10-2001, 08:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Griff
That, my friend, is funny.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-10-2001, 09:12 AM

Send a message via AIM to slaintedan
Maybe the exhaust cloud from your bike blinded him and he slowed down 'cause he couldn't see the road ahead of him.

Or maybe he slowed down because he needed to stop to change his pants 'cause he pissed himself laughing!!!

Me for Emperor of America!

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2001, 04:56 PM
UFO

Thumbs up

VF1000R? Nice! Don't see many of those around anymore.

Webmaster -
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode