Top Speed!!!!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-18-2001, 02:33 AM Thread Starter

Question Top Speed!!!!!

Well fellas, went down to Hawaii Raceway Park tonite....and a friend of mine has a '01 Lightning (Ford truck) we were on the highway about 2 miles from the turnoff and he gets on it, so I do the same. I left hime by a pretty good margin and he said he was pushing 115-120 when I just walked away from him. I haven't had the chance to top out my bike...(not enough room, I'm on an island)....Just wondering if you mainland TL owners have had a chance to go the 9/10th's.......by the way I had just shifted into 5th gear apparently pushing 140. I have [email protected] cone race filters and the RS-3 titanium full race system, with the AFAM 42 tooth sprocket and chain conversion.....Also with Marchesini wheels. I'm just wondering what could I be looking at Top Speed wise?? Thanks.....
Chris

"It's time to kick names and take a$$" -Byslexic Dastard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2001, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

Re: Top Speed!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by SZKITL1000R
Well fellas, went down to Hawaii Raceway Park tonite....and a friend of mine has a '01 Lightning (Ford truck) we were on the highway about 2 miles from the turnoff and he gets on it, so I do the same. I left hime by a pretty good margin and he said he was pushing 115-120 when I just walked away from him. I haven't had the chance to top out my bike...(not enough room, I'm on an island)....Just wondering if you mainland TL owners have had a chance to go the 9/10th's.......by the way I had just shifted into 5th gear apparently pushing 140. I have [email protected] cone race filters and the RS-3 titanium full race system, with the AFAM 42 tooth sprocket and chain conversion.....Also with Marchesini wheels. I'm just wondering what could I be looking at Top Speed wise?? Thanks.....
Chris
Nobody knows what the top speed is????

I have heard around 165, but I know I was pulling harder than that.......oh well let me know if you have any differences....I should definitely have my busa by this October! Peace

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2001, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Talking I love the growl too....

Quote:
Originally posted by skidkid
before the untimely demise of my '98 TLR at Mosport racetrack in Canada, i was pushing about 160 on the back straight which i believe is about 3500 feet long. it's also uphill. that TLR would scream. i had many riders come up and ask me what kind of bike i had. it looks like a gixxer but has that awesome v-twin growl. i was scootin by just about everything in my group.
I will be acquiring a 2002 "busa in a couple of weeks.....the TL is paid for and I think it will become a track bike.....I just don't think I can sell it, it has made a special place in my heart
Maybe someday I will be able to find out about the true top speed. This thing just pulls too hard!!

Peace Chris.....<----Soon to be deployed to a place that is hot, but not as hot as the barrel of my gun!!!!

"I have become death"

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2001, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up by the way...

Quote:
Originally posted by skidkid
before the untimely demise of my '98 TLR at Mosport racetrack in Canada, i was pushing about 160 on the back straight which i believe is about 3500 feet long. it's also uphill. that TLR would scream. i had many riders come up and ask me what kind of bike i had. it looks like a gixxer but has that awesome v-twin growl. i was scootin by just about everything in my group.

I hope you guys like this...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eagle.jpg (45.4 KB, 245 views)

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2001, 09:06 PM

there is no problem that cannot be solved with a suitable amount of high explosive.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-27-2001, 03:21 AM
UFO

Re: Top Speed!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by SZKITL1000R
I had just shifted into 5th gear apparently pushing 140.
On your future Busa that will take about two city blocks. And your arms will be 2" longer...if you can hold on.

Webmaster -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2001, 12:29 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to suzmcman
Hope you know how to swim. If you could not top out the TLR by the time you realize how fast your going on the Busa that water should be coming up real quick. I hope your insurance company dosen't do this to you like they did to this *#*hole.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shit.jpg (37.3 KB, 148 views)

Todd
Upper Sandusky, Ohio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode