Woo Hoo! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-17-2001, 07:44 AM Thread Starter
elo

Send a message via Yahoo to elo
Talking Woo Hoo!

I just had to share with someone...

4 months ago, my husband sold his bike. He had downgraded from a TL1000s (stolen) to a 2000 ZX6R, and regretted every minute of that. Combined with him hating Phoenix traffic, he decided that the dirt was better for him for now, on the condition that I allow him to ride my bike on occasion. And being the good wife that I am, (and I admit this was totally calculated on my half) I knew that if I didn't allow certain modifications to my SV, he'd be back in the shop putting too much money down on another street bike within the year. So, the ol' SV has been in pieces for the past month having various things done to it:

Replaced the old rear shock with a '97 GSXR 750 Penske shock
Added preload adjusters to the forks
New Yoshimura RS-3 full exhaust system
Stage 1 jet kit
Pyramid Plastics Rear Seat Cowl
Pyramid Plastics Undertail
Extreme Graphix Bellypan

The forks aren't totally done, but even just the addition of the rear shock has made a noticeable difference in the bike's handling. It's not as soft and sloppy.

The bike had a flat spot between 5k and 7k rpms. The jet kit filled in that gap perfectly.

The exhaust helped the hp, (yosh claims that the bike can now be considered an SV655r), but it is also a lot louder. Shiva finally sounds like a V-twin, and I can be heard in traffic. (added safety measure!) That, and the old system was just ugly.

The bodywork didn't "need" to be done, that was strictly cosmetic. But they look great. And hubby and I did a measure of the work together, and we're still married. That is an accomplishment in and of itself!

So yeah, I'm bragging a bit. I'm so totally thrilled with my SV, I had to tell someone!

Erica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-Your one stop source for all things pocketbike!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-Official Website for the SouthWest Association of Pocketbikers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-17-2001, 06:40 PM

Talking

Cool....

Now if I could get my wife to start ridin...

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-17-2001, 09:57 PM

Sounds good!!!
So wheres the pics?Not posting any till its finished and the seat cowl is back on? If you post pics with out it ill know things didnt go so smooth

Buy treaded knee sliders,they give better grip in the wet.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-18-2001, 03:23 PM

Thumbs up

I agree!!! I can't wait to see the pix of the SV now that u are done!! Sounds like all the RIGHT things were done to your ride!!

Jim

You don't stop riding because you get old;You get old because you stop riding!!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-18-2001, 09:59 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to minfinger
Wife nothing...My GF is all over my s**t wanting to ride it all the time. "I DON'T THINK SO" LMAO I told her I'd buy her a Kawasaki 250 hehe, cause as another woman of sportbike quoted a guy saying "It looks fast!"

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
elo

Send a message via Yahoo to elo
Thanks all! The bike rides SO great now. And the mpg wasn't effected at all. Even better!

I'll post pics in a few weeks. The bodywork isn't totally done yet, and the rear shock is really, really hard to see. I'm getting some cash in the mail this week, that'll help me pay for the painting...

Woo Woo!

Erica

-Your one stop source for all things pocketbike!

-Official Website for the SouthWest Association of Pocketbikers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode