New Bike - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-28-2001, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to MAD COW
New Bike

JUST GOT MY GIXXER 1000 YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAA BABY. TALK ABOUT TUNNEL VISION.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2001, 04:38 AM

Cool Suzuki is running the Sportbike world!!!

Congratulations on your selection with the GSX-R1000. Is it a handful like the magazines are saying? Check-out motocycle.com shoot-out with the Gixxer 1000. By the way I'm new at this super-bike world, but I disobeyed just about everyones opinion of; Since this will be your first bike, start off on something small and then get a bigger bike... Kiss My A...was my response, so I went with the one bad mother... the 01 GSX-R750. Best decision over any other bike. What's the cost of the Gixxers in your area. One place has the 1000's @$9999.00 & 750's @$8600.00. Have fun riding, because this stuff is addictive!!!!

Life is short!
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-15-2001, 10:30 AM

Send a message via AIM to CraZee GSX-R750
Maxima im doin the same thing,,,,,,,im gettin a gsx-r 750 as a first bike.....ive been riding my friends bikes..for a while......i think i should be able to handle it.....and i know if i get a 600, the next yr im gonna have to buy a 750......so i dont got the time or money to all that.......
-Z

Looking for 2001+ Gsx-r 750
2001 Mineral Grey Cobra
Lots of mods

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2001, 01:20 AM

Wink History of the GSX-R750

CraZee GSX-R750; don't get me wrong there are many other bikes out there, but after reading countless articles from comparing all the top contenders of sportbikes I had to have a 01 GSX-R750. This bike will hold its own against any other sportbike, just research a little & the numbers don't lie. I hope that Suzuki falls into this big-bore craze & stop making the 750, so the resale value will skyrocket....

01 GSX-R750 Blue/White Anything esle would be uncivilized!!!!
01 Yamaha Raptor Blk/White
00 Nissan Blk Maxima SE
00 GMC 4drExtcab SLT

Life is short!

Last edited by Maxima; 09-16-2001 at 01:23 AM.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2001, 09:31 AM

Send a message via AIM to CraZee GSX-R750
i just hope they stop making it after i get one

Looking for 2001+ Gsx-r 750
2001 Mineral Grey Cobra
Lots of mods
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 12:17 AM

Mad Cow, congratulations on your choice of a new ride. I bought mine earlier in the year and have really enjoyed it, absolutely no problems except for excessive rear tire wear.

Got used to the power already and put a 1 tooth smaller front sprocket on it last weekend. Retains the stock chain, and costs a whopping $14 from Sprocket Specialties. It made a huge difference in acceleration. Stock, the 1Ks are geared pretty tall, 17/42. Wheelies are now accidental in 1st gear and 2nd can be a slow roll-on and the front comes right up in proportion to the throttle at any speed. FUN, FUN!
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-27-2001, 03:24 AM
UFO

Re: New Bike

Quote:
Originally posted by MAD COW
JUST GOT MY GIXXER 1000 YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAA BABY. TALK ABOUT TUNNEL VISION.........
Are you sure it's not a Gixxer 750 with different plastic?

BTW, be careful of that tunnel vision. Cagers can't conceive of approach speeds over 70, let alone 170.

Webmaster -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-08-2001, 04:21 PM

Re: Suzuki is running the Sportbike world!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Maxima
Congratulations on your selection with the GSX-R1000. Is it a handful like the magazines are saying? Check-out motocycle.com shoot-out with the Gixxer 1000. By the way I'm new at this super-bike world, but I disobeyed just about everyones opinion of; Since this will be your first bike, start off on something small and then get a bigger bike... Kiss My A...was my response, so I went with the one bad mother... the 01 GSX-R750. Best decision over any other bike. What's the cost of the Gixxers in your area. One place has the 1000's @$9999.00 & 750's @$8600.00. Have fun riding, because this stuff is addictive!!!!
Sorry, but I have to add one more, opinon re: a gixxer 750 for a first bike, much less a liter. I'd say No way, but I get the feeling any advice is usless. Do me and yourself a favor, and keep the throttle at a minium, for a long time, and ride SMART......

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-09-2001, 07:42 AM

Hammer1; I've had my 01 GSX-R750 for a couple of months. The bike still looks great without any roadrash!!! I just didn't go beyond my limits & I'm very confident about telling someone who wants to race...No!!!! In my opinioin that's where mistakes start to happen when bike riders are trying to master a sportbike. Impossible....Why, you ask? Because, whenever you think that you know everything about a Rocket, that's when your reminded that your the student & the bikes are teachers of pain!!!!!

01GSX-R750 Blue/White
Anything else would be uncivilized.

Life is short!
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-09-2001, 11:46 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Maxima
Hammer1; I've had my 01 GSX-R750 for a couple of months. The bike still looks great without any roadrash!!! I just didn't go beyond my limits & I'm very confident about telling someone who wants to race...No!!!! In my opinioin that's where mistakes start to happen when bike riders are trying to master a sportbike. Impossible....Why, you ask? Because, whenever you think that you know everything about a Rocket, that's when your reminded that your the student & the bikes are teachers of pain!!!!!

01GSX-R750 Blue/White
Anything else would be uncivilized.
While I commend you for having a great attitude, regarding staying within your limits, all too often it's the varibles that come into play, i.e. cages that cut ya off, pull out in front of ya, ect. and riding over your head. And being that ya have the bike already, all I can say...is ride with your brain, not your d%$#, and the best of luck to ya...

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode