The wait is finally over!!!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2001, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

The wait is finally over!!!!

It has been a long and diffucult decision, but I finally bought my 01 GXR-750/Blue/White. Couldn't resist the price of $8600.00 plus a helmet & tie-down straps. I've been waiting for 3 years to find the best of the best and this bike has the stats. to back it up.

Life is short!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2001, 01:51 PM

Congratulations on your new gixxer! I love my '98, and from what I hear tell, the newer ones are awesome. Have fun.

It doesn't have to be fun to be "fun".
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2001, 02:47 PM

Talking bravo

Excellent choice of bikes. I have a 99 750 and it is all the bike I need. Although I was drooling over a 1000 today I have yet to master the ability of my 750. I want the 1000 because it's there.

'99 GSX-R 750
Some people dream about success, others wake up and work hard at achieving it....

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2001, 03:46 AM Thread Starter

Smile Gixxer 750 holds its own...

The final decision that made the Gixxer 750 my choice was the Cycle World issue of Master Blasters (July 01)!!!! 17 bike Supersport Shootout. Best lap times; 750 1:51.82 4th best, Trap Speed 150.4 Tied for 2nd, Rider Rating 8.7 3rd best. These results are very impressive, because this was a 750 going up against bigger bikes and it did very well.... Am I proud of my Gixxer...Can I get a Hell Yeah!!!!!

Life is short!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2001, 05:35 AM
Pete

Maxima, congrats on getting one helluva fine sportbike. A bit of advice, if I may, since the GSXR750 is not what most would consider a good first bike: treat its capabilites with *lots* of respect. Safe riding to ya!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2001, 06:07 AM

Send a message via AIM to Live 4 Twisties
Great choice of bikes. I have the same bike '01 Gixxer 750 blue/white and I love it. I have had it since may and have put on about 4000 miles, not bad considering I can't ride to work too often in my suit and tie. Have fun with the bike, but be cautious as to how hard you push it initialy, this bike will never cease to suprise you with its capablities, just make sure your capabilities are up to par with what you're asking the bike to do. Enjoy and be safe.

Keep the rubber side down.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2001, 07:36 AM
UFO

Great choice in the bike!! But I'd never buy anything based on what Cycle World thought!

Webmaster -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode