unhappy svs owner - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 06:11 AM Thread Starter

Angry unhappy svs owner

has any road this bike on the high way it vibrates so much its not funny. My bike top's out at 110 wich is more like 90. on the interstate the Speed O was on 85 and a bus passed me like I was not moving. This was my 1st bike but I did not know I would out grow it in 3 weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 06:41 AM

Exclamation

WOW! You're not doing SOMTHING right. You're either very talented, or you're not telling the whole story. Keep this small bit of trivial info in mind: SV based bikes pump out around 65 rear wheel horses. My built NT puts out a little less than that, and it's capable of a good 125 on a GPS. AND, SVs do on occasion, beat DUC 748s in PRO-THUNDER.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 06:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by RedVTR
Keep this small bit of trivial info in mind: SVs do on occasion, beat DUC 748s in PRO-THUNDER.
Sure they do.

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 07:04 AM
Squidwannabe

Quote:
Originally posted by 748 abuser

Sure they do.
I once knew a guy who had a purple EX500 that would eat R1's in a straight line. It was the king of the 1/4 mile for years until it vanished as mysteriously as it appeared.

But it's still out there ...... somewhere ......
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 07:05 AM
Banned

SV's do run in Pro-Thunder, but I never see them at the front? Why's that???
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 07:13 AM
Squidwannabe

Quote:
Originally posted by 748 abuser
SV's do run in Pro-Thunder, but I never see them at the front? Why's that???
Because the EX500's are in front.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 07:15 AM

Send a message via AIM to RCjohn
Re: unhappy svs owner

Quote:
Originally posted by Sv650s4sale
has any road this bike on the high way it vibrates so much its not funny. My bike top's out at 110 wich is more like 90. on the interstate the Speed O was on 85 and a bus passed me like I was not moving. This was my 1st bike but I did not know I would out grow it in 3 weeks.
There is definitely something wrong. My wife's SV will top that speed with no problem and there isn't a significant amount of vibration. She has the naked version so there is alot of wind in the face but not alot of vibration. A few of our friends with lots of sportbiking experience have ridden it and will also say it is one of the funner bikes on the road.

Don't take this the wrong way but it sounds like your SV is not hitting 6th gear.

John

The sheep need love too but they lie.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

True I was at the top of 5th but the way the rearend was vibrating I could not dream of going any faster.

Another problem is b/c the bike is so light if there is a cross wind it feels like your going to fall.

It is a great around town bike but on the freeway riding with F4's and R6's its not the best thing its not smooth and not fast.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 08:39 AM

So let me get this straight. The SV is your first bike and because you want something faster in a straight line, that means you've outgrown it? Do you and your friends ride corners at all? Purchasing more power so you can "keep up" will turn you into a statistic in a short amount of time.

James

If 33 red cows enter a race with a total of 37 cows, should anyone be surprised when a red cow wins?
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 08:45 AM

Sounds to me like you need to bring your bike in and have it checked out. If you already have, maybe you need to take it someplace else. There are probably a bunch of wrench heads in this forum that can suggest some things to check yourself. You said the top speed sucked but you also said you were too concerned about the vibration to get out of fifth gear. Sounds like the real problem is the vibration. I have a friend who had a SV and it wasn't exactly slow both in town and on the free way. However, he did trade his sv in for an aprillia falco because he wanted something with a lot more power. I've been on organized sportbike rides where experienced guys on sv's were able to stay with other people on various types of bigger sportbikes. I'm talking about high speed country road riding. This leads me to beleive that there is something uniquely wrong with your situation. Might be worth not getting rid of the bike just yet.

-Brian

It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode