Sportbike World banner

OCTOBER 27th - I'm BAAAAACK

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  inanima 
#1 ·
Hello everyone.

I know it's supposed to be cold this weekend but I'm coming home for a couple of days and I've GOT to go riding :D

My girlfriend started my bike for me last weekend so I'm good to go......

Anyone interested in a local ride around Baltimore?

Mike

#2 ·
ah, yes, it will be chilly this weekend! Mid-50's looks like, right now on the Weather Channel. What the hell, at least it's not raining, snow, or ice (yet). I think I'm going to ride Saturday, if you'd like to meet up.

#5 ·
:crying: Of course the weekend everyone wants to ride I am going to be out of town!

Oh well. I will just keep trying my bear imitation. I will go to sleep one night and when I wake up it will be March and time to ride again!

Tyler - how did picking up your friends TT go? Get a chance to break it in some? I rode on Sunday for about 2 hours and man it was a great day.

#6 ·
Kathy said:
I would like to ride also, that is if you guys don't mind a female coming along.

Let me know the plan!

We could ride out to Mt. Airy and met up with thunderheart and rbmcauliffe. Just a thought!
Oh I mind:D Just kidding.

The ride out to Mt. Airy might be fun, going through North Baltimore County and Carroll County on backroads. Straight out on 70 is kinda boring, IMO. York Road North of Hunt Valley isn't bad, Falls Road north to PA is great, Shawan Road past all the horse farms to 128 and back to Falls Road is great- did that last Sunday. Haven't done too much exploring into Carroll County yet, but I'm up for anything.

I have to ride Saturday, have a wedding to go to on Sunday afternoon.

#7 ·
I play football Saturday morning, till noon, so I should be available afterwards. The ride Inanima took me through is nice, lots of curves. Look foward to riding....

Yeah, Bob, I felt kind of bad looking at your last post the other week and was waiting for replies around your area. Since Indian summer was just past, nows its time for the Green house affect to take place.... just maybe

#8 ·
OK- Saturday is fast approaching! time to make some plans....Not sure how familiar some of you are with the Baltimore area? We could meet at Loch Raven Reservoir at 12, then meet Derrick over by York Road around 1, 1:30? (maybe the Park and Ride at the Shawan Road exit from 83?)
Any other meeting suggestions/times/need directions? jritm@hotmail.com

Looks like 50 degrees, so get out yer long johns.

#9 ·
Justin,

I'll meet you at Loch Raven @ 12:00 (at the dam site). Derrick, we can hook up with you on the way to Mt. Airy. Give me a call on my cell (410 215 0076).

Kathy, If you want to meet up and need directions give me a call or send an email. I'll check my mail in the morning.

TT, I'm on my way back to NY Sunday so I can't make it then. Saturday will probably be my last ride of the year :(

Oh well time to start thinking of this winters upgrade plans :D

Mike

#12 ·
hell, I don't know where Mt. Airy is either! :D We'll meet up and see where it takes us. I was thinking maybe we could meet you at the Park and Ride off of Shawan Road, after Hunt Valley Mall and before Oregon Ridge (I'm pretty sure we passed one the day we went out there) Right where Shawan narrows into 2 lanes...I think it's right after the 83 overpass? Around 1-1:30?

my cell # 443-466-4545

Mike and Kathy- see you@Loch Raven at 12...

#13 ·
What a good ride yesterday thank you guys!

Our ride had 5 bikes, started at 12:00 at Loch Raven, went and met up with another at Oregon Ridge. Headed to Wendy's for lunch, this gave us time to get to know each other. As we pulled into Wendy's, it started to sprinkle! Dark clouds, windy, cold! We ended up riding through a few sprinkles throughout the ride. Enough rain to sprinkle on the shields.

I am not sure of the names of the roads we were on but Justin did a great job of leader. Thank you. Nice roads.

We stopped in New Freedom, PA to decide which way to go, my bike fell over. I parked on a downhill, out of gear. It started rolling. After Mike, kneeslider951 and I picked it up and surveyed damage, my rear turn signal light was dangling, scratched the gear box cover, bent the clutch. By then we were half way on the ride. Time for me to think of the modifications for the lights on the back of the bike. Nothing happened to the bike until after I put the frame sliders and bar sliders on the bike, now the bike has fallen over twice, once on each side. I guess I should think a little more when I park the bike! Hum!!!!

#14 ·
Everyone,

Thanks for a great ride yesterday. I had a total blast even if it was a little chilly. Justin, Kathy, and Jeff, it was great meeting you yesterday and I hope we can ride together in the future. Next Sunday is not looking good for me right now so this may have been my last ride for the year.

Derrick, good luck with the wedding plans.

Kathy, the web link for the tail light conversion is www.flashalert.com. I checked it this morning and the kit sells for $ 60. It comes with very extensive instructions and it has worked flawlessly for 6 months. Good luck.

Mike

#15 ·
hey all-
had a great time yesterday. Mike, Derrick- hope you weren't too tired going down 95. We'll definitly have to do that again.

(Just for reference, if you want to run it again anytime, our route was Falls Road north, left at the very last stop sign, right at next stop sign (Lineboro), this becomes PA Rt 516, right at next stop sign (PA Rt 851), follow 851 East all the way to Fawn Grove, right to Bel Air, right after you go through Fawn Grove)

Kathy- sorry about your bike, that sucked, I looked up and there it was on the ground! At least now you have an excuse to trim the fender and integrate the lights.:D

Justin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.