RC51 everyday?? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 07:16 AM Thread Starter

Local dealer has an RC51 on the showroom floor calling my name. I know how hard they are to come buy so I'm thinking of jumping on it. How is it as an everyday commuter though?? Also, what's the max range you can ride it in a day??? I currently have a '99 F4 that I love, but I love the 51. Any thoughts? Oh, I have yet to tell the wife so this just may be wishful thinking

Hamburgers. The cornerstone of any
nutritious breakfast--Jules Winfield
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 08:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Drew
...Oh, I have yet to tell the wife so this just may be wishful thinking...
I don't know about the comfort of an RC51, but I can tell you about the other part.

DON'T TELL YOUR WIFE, JUST BUY IT, AND SURPRISE HER! Let her know that you did it for the both of you. Here's a little story:

I told my wife I was going to buy an NSR500V2. She asked, "are those nice?" I said, "yeah, they're alright. They're sort of small, being a 500 and all." Then without a blink, she lowered her brow, and calmly asked, "how much?" So of course, I started to try and save myself from this inevitable confrontation by stating, "It's used, so it's way cheaper than if I bought it new. And, they only have 2 left." No reaction from her, except another, "How much?" Not wanting to dig the hole any deeper, I mumbled under my breath so it was barely audible, "around $60K." She said, "Sixteen thousand for a used 500? That seems a little expensive." After she confirmed the sixteen thousand dollar price about 3 more times, I couldn't stand it any longer, and blurted out, "S-I-X-T-Y THOUSAND!" No need to go into further details...

Don't tell her, just get it now, pay later!
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 08:46 AM
Umbrella girl chaser

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 748_abuser
[B]
Quote:
...Oh, I have yet to tell the wife so this just may be wishful thinking...
I don't know about the comfort of an RC51, but I can tell you about the other part.

DON'T TELL YOUR WIFE, JUST BUY IT, AND SURPRISE HER! Let her know that you did it for the both of you.

Better yet....Valentines day is coming up, buy the RC51 and tell her it's her present and that you'd like to enjoy a sport that you're so passionate about with her. Act deeply hurt that she doesn't like it and get rid of the F4; problem solved.

Clark

"I like the water gun idea..."~Will "the mad man" Darton

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 09:37 AM
Banned

Red face EH?

Had to add here. My question....what does anyones wife have to do with the purchas of a bike???? Buy the bike...or dont. If its your money do what you want with it. If she has anything to say about it simply put her in her place. Problem solved
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 09:42 AM
Umbrella girl chaser

Your single aren't you

Clark

post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 10:12 AM
Banned

Red face

Oh...now thats not a good guess. Not married in any case.

Here the thing. After dealing with many many women and coming to the conclusion that 90% of them were just plain crazy I came to a startling realization that I have been using these past couple of years.
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 11:29 AM

Send a message via AIM to RCjohn
I okay all large purchases(aka over $150 ) with the wife. She controls the money and always has. She is good at it too.

As for the real question. The RC-51 is definitely not a daily commuter. It was meant for the track, meaning very tall first gear and pretty aggressive riding position. The seat is very hard. I have done about 350 miles in one day before and 90% of that was curvy mountain roads. I can handle the curves better than the straight stuff. I am not small so that plays some part in the comfort thing. I would say that I could do more miles than that but I normally don't. I never did much more than that in a day on my VFR if that helps you with the comfort comparison. I do love the bike and it is everything that I was looking for. I was not interested in touring.

Good luck with the wife.

John

The sheep need love too but they lie.
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Excuse you?

Well, I hate to admit it but the wife brings home more bacon that I do. Also 11 or 12 large is nothing you can just go buy and hope the wife understands....atleast not on my limited income. Also, I would not trade in my wife for a new ride......Errrr....No I wouldn't. ...

Hamburgers. The cornerstone of any
nutritious breakfast--Jules Winfield
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 12:16 PM
Squidwannabe

Re: Excuse you?

Quote:
Well, I hate to admit it but the wife brings home more bacon that I do.
At a boy!!! Good man!

Oh and don't worry about Omni, He's a tough guy... You know tough forearms,tough wrists,tough palms
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 12:36 PM
Umbrella girl chaser

Nuttin' a little Joy Jelly wouldn't cure

Clark

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode